Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Default Windex kills ants but leaves my walls blue (better idea?)

I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of tiny
ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls, and grout
turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:10:05 -0700, Susan wrote:
Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

Windex isn't ammonia you idiot. It's alcohol!
http://avogadro.chem.iastate.edu/MSD...eaner_blue.htm

And alcohol has no effect on the ant species. Use bleach instead.
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Susan wrote:

I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of tiny
ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls, and grout
turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?

It doesn't at my house.

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Terro bait stations work wonders, but are expensive. Ortho Home Defense
spray is excellent -- water-based, odorless.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

h wrote:
wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:21:38 -0700, David Remley
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:10:05 -0700, Susan wrote:
Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage
that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?
Windex isn't ammonia you idiot. It's alcohol!
http://avogadro.chem.iastate.edu/MSD...eaner_blue.htm

And alcohol has no effect on the ant species. Use bleach instead.

Forget all of these nonsense quack cures. Go to any hardware store and
get some TERRO. It will get rid of ALL the ants, not just the ones you
happen to see.

Yup. Terro is it. It used to just come in a bottle and you had to apply it
to cardboard or those plastic ant traps that don't work.

Back then the active ingredient in Terro was arsenic.

Now you can get it
in little plastic containers that you snip a hole in the bottom so the ants
can get in.

Nowdays the active ingredient is boric acid. Still kills ants pretty
well, but it's a lot less hazardous to have around the house than
the arsenic was.

HellT
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:10:05 -0700, Susan wrote:
Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage
that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

Windex isn't ammonia you idiot. It's alcohol!
http://avogadro.chem.iastate.edu/MSD...eaner_blue.htm

And alcohol has no effect on the ant species. Use bleach instead.

Forget all of these nonsense quack cures. Go to any hardware store and
get some TERRO. It will get rid of ALL the ants, not just the ones you
happen to see.

Yup. Terro is it. It used to just come in a bottle and you had to apply it
to cardboard or those plastic ant traps that don't work. Now you can get it
in little plastic containers that you snip a hole in the bottom so the ants
can get in. They go in, sup of the poison, then take it back to kill off the
colony. I put some containers out in April and I've watched at least 5
different colonies get wiped out. Tiny red ones, and 4 sizes of black ones.
One container was completely full of giant black ants one morning. I only
noticed it because the container was actually moving, due to all the ants
inside. They emptied that container in 2 days, which is VERY fast. I never
saw them again.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

On Jul 16, 12:10*pm, Susan wrote:
I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of tiny
ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls, and grout
turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

You're not killing the ants with ammonia. You're drowning them with
liquid. A spray bottle of water will have the same effect.

What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?

Same way ammonia kills you.

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Clean your house. Get rid of any exposed food or put it in sealed
containers. Vacuum up crumbs. Take kitchen scraps and plate scrapings
straight to the trash barrel outside. The ants are there because
there's food. Remove the food, and the ants will not have a reason to
be there, and they will go away.

Kill any stragglers with REAL ant killer. RAID.
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Susan wrote:

I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of
tiny ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls,
and grout turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct
percentage that it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Yep, use an ant bait.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

David Remley wrote:

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:10:05 -0700, Susan wrote:

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

Windex isn't ammonia you idiot. It's alcohol!
http://avogadro.chem.iastate.edu/MSD...eaner_blue.htm

Be careful about calling someone an idiot.

While alcohol is its primary active ingredient, it does contain a small
amount of ammonia (unless you get the vinegar version). Note the
reference to having a slight ammonia odor.
Its label also states "with Ammonia-D" - an SC Johnson trade name for
some type of aqueous ammonia compound..
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

On Jul 16, 9:10*am, Susan wrote:
I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of tiny
ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls, and grout
turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Boric Acid is real cheap. Any hardware store will have it.

I had a friend who lived in Hollywood and she had a cochroach problem
that was insane. I was afraid to go in her apartment. I bought some
boric acid and applied it. A couple of days later she called to tell
me the roaches were still there and they seemed to be even bolder. I
went over a day or two later and then she told me they were starting
to die. What she thought was boldness was actually the roaches walking
around dazed and dying. I sat in her apartment and you could hear them
falling from the walls and hitting the floor, tic tic tic tic... She
was having troubles keeping up with the corpses, she was sweeping up
dustpans full.

She was not really a dirty person, she lived in Hollywood.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of tiny
ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls, and grout
turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

Slightly soapy water will kill most insects, but even then I would not
recommend spraying anything onto a carpet.

What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Have you tried a product bait that contains boric acid? Ant traps?
"Tero" is one such product and it worked well for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:55:34 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

Susan wrote:

I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of tiny
ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls, and grout
turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?

It doesn't at my house.

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Terro bait stations work wonders, but are expensive. Ortho Home Defense
spray is excellent -- water-based, odorless.

I found Terro is very inexpensive. It's really just boric acid and
sugar syrup.
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

David Remley wrote:

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:10:05 -0700, Susan wrote:

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

Windex isn't ammonia you idiot. It's alcohol!
http://avogadro.chem.iastate.edu/MSD...eaner_blue.htm

And alcohol has no effect on the ant species. Use bleach instead.

There is some ammonia in Windex and similar products, which is
why it kills ants, but it is cheaper/better to just spray
an ammonia solution. It is interesting that ammonia is not
listed in the materials safety datasheet you reference, but
it is definitely there.

Ammonia solution is the best way I have found to kill ants interior
to a residence, since it not only kills them on contact but
neutralizes the formic acid they leave on their trails for
other ants to follow.

For ants external to a residence, I like Grant's ant stakes.

Steve
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

David Remley wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:10:05 -0700, Susan wrote:
Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

Windex isn't ammonia you idiot. It's alcohol!
http://avogadro.chem.iastate.edu/MSD...eaner_blue.htm

And alcohol has no effect on the ant species. Use bleach instead.

Yeah, bleach is a GREAT thing to get on the carpets.
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

on 7/16/2008 7:33 PM Harlan Messinger said the following:
David Remley wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:10:05 -0700, Susan wrote:
Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct
percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

Windex isn't ammonia you idiot. It's alcohol!
http://avogadro.chem.iastate.edu/MSD...eaner_blue.htm

And alcohol has no effect on the ant species. Use bleach instead.

Yeah, bleach is a GREAT thing to get on the carpets.

Maybe the carpets are already white? :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Susan wrote:

I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of tiny
ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls, and grout
turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?

It doesn't at my house.

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Terro bait stations work wonders, but are expensive. Ortho Home Defense
spray is excellent -- water-based, odorless.

Expensive?

http://www.terro.com/products.php?pr...uid_ant_killer

That's enough to keep your house ant free for many, many years.

I've only seen it in little trays that look kind of like
cheez-n-crackers packs for maybe a buck each. I tried mixing borax with
corn syrup, but it didn't work. Little *******s clearly know the
difference.

For instant gratification, you can't beat Home Defense. Well, you can,
but Raid stinks.

--
Cheers, Bev
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
The volume of a pizza of thickness 'a' and radius 'z'
is given by pi*z*z*a

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Jul 16, 12:10 pm, Susan wrote:
I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of tiny
ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls, and grout
turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

You're not killing the ants with ammonia. You're drowning them with
liquid. A spray bottle of water will have the same effect.

What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?

Same way ammonia kills you.

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Clean your house.

Yeah, right.

Get rid of any exposed food or put it in sealed
containers. Vacuum up crumbs. Take kitchen scraps and plate scrapings
straight to the trash barrel outside. The ants are there because
there's food. Remove the food, and the ants will not have a reason to
be there, and they will go away.

They also go after water and some of them, apparently, just like
marching. I can see no other reason they'd come in from behind a
faucet, march around the rim of the bathtub, and then leave.

Kill any stragglers with REAL ant killer. RAID.

Raid stinks and leaves oily spots. Use Home Defense.

--
Cheers, Bev
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
The volume of a pizza of thickness 'a' and radius 'z'
is given by pi*z*z*a
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

In article , bashley101
says...

Susan wrote:

[...]

Many of the small ants aren't looking for sugar, they want fats.
Try mixing boric acid into some melted chicken fat, then let it
solidify.

Too much boric acid is gritty to the ants, and they'll avoid it.

I filled a small container lid with that mixture, and the ants were ten
deep trying to get to it. They worked for 3 days and left it totally
clean. They didn't come back.

--Gene
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Gene S. Berkowitz wrote:

says...
Susan wrote:

[...]

Syrup, grease and boric acid oughta get 'em all, then. All I have is
butter and various vegetable oils. I think the butter would do best.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.bio.entomology.misc

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:20:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Boric Acid is real cheap. Any hardware store will have it.

You're all a bunch of bloomin idiots!

You can't kill the invincible Argentine ant where I come from here in
California with Terro or boric acid or arsenic or anything else.

What brings these ants in and out of your house is the weather.

If you think Terro or boric acid is going to change the weather, then by
all means, have a blast. But you're wasting your time and effort.

Says so right he
http://www.mindfully.org/Pesticide/P...nt-Stop-em.htm

The Argentine ant has multiple queens and the workers can go to any nest,
so, you can't kill 'em off just by dissolving 1 teaspoon (5 mL) powdered
boric acid and 10 teaspoons (50 mL) sugar into 2 cups (500 mL) of water;
this mixture can then be absorbed into cotton balls which are left near ant
trails.
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.bio.entomology.misc

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 03:17:52 GMT, Gene S. Berkowitz wrote:

Many of the small ants aren't looking for sugar, they want fats.
Try mixing boric acid into some melted chicken fat, then let it
solidify.

Idiots all!

Whilst some ants aim for protein, like dried semen stains the bedsheets,
others prefer sweet things, like sugar crumbs under the table. Still others
go for live insects, still wriggling, and some go for dead insects, dried
up and crunchy.

However, the Argentine ants here in California are omnivorous - they'll eat
just about anything. And, as I said, they're tough to kill 'cuz they have
multiple queens and they can go to any nest, unlike other ants.

Hence they wipe out the indigenous ant population.
Says so right he
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/scienceshow...05/1401834.htm

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

On Jul 16, 12:10*pm, Susan wrote:
I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms

Can anyone spell TROLL?
Posted to alt.home.repair

I love how some of you guys take these troll questions seriously..
Personally, I'd use a hammer. It kills the ants dead and doesn't change
the color of the walls . It only leaves holes in them..But everything
matches..

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

If you want something absolutely nontoxic, putting pepper (black, white,
or cayenne) or cinnamon around their trails will leave them confused,
and they will leave. You can then vacuum up the pepper or cinnamon
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 00:57:19 -0700, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to
reply wrote:

If you want something absolutely nontoxic, putting pepper (black, white,
or cayenne) or cinnamon around their trails will leave them confused,
and they will leave. You can then vacuum up the pepper or cinnamon

As strange as it may be, ants dislike lime and that can be heavily
sprinkled around the house foundation. Kids' "sidewalk chalk" can be
used to draw lines where you want to discourage ants from crossing. Of
course, this is not a good idea if you have acid-loving plants. I use
boric acid for both ants and cock roaches--cheap, low toxicity, no
smell, and inexpensive. There is a canister of fine blue powder
called "Roach Proof" (boric acid) where you can dust the power across
thresholds, baseboards, cabinets, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

reply wrote:

If you want something absolutely nontoxic, putting pepper (black, white,
or cayenne) or cinnamon around their trails will leave them confused,
and they will leave. You can then vacuum up the pepper or cinnamon

As strange as it may be, ants dislike lime and that can be heavily
sprinkled around the house foundation. Kids' "sidewalk chalk" can be
used to draw lines where you want to discourage ants from crossing. Of
course, this is not a good idea if you have acid-loving plants. I use
boric acid for both ants and cock roaches--cheap, low toxicity, no
smell, and inexpensive. There is a canister of fine blue powder
called "Roach Proof" (boric acid) where you can dust the power across
thresholds, baseboards, cabinets, etc.

Good stuff. Actually it's spelled "Roach Prufe."
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

"Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
If you want something absolutely nontoxic, putting pepper (black, white,
or cayenne) or cinnamon around their trails will leave them confused, and
they will leave. You can then vacuum up the pepper or cinnamon

We used the cinnamon idea quite successfully for years of medieval camping
(canvas tent, no floor) and it kept out most critters while making the tent
smell good. You can use the stuff from the dollar store.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Phisherman" wrote

If you want something absolutely nontoxic, putting pepper (black, white,
or cayenne) or cinnamon around their trails will leave them confused,
and they will leave. You can then vacuum up the pepper or cinnamon

As strange as it may be, ants dislike lime and that can be heavily
sprinkled around the house foundation. Kids' "sidewalk chalk" can be

For exterior and totally non-toxic, dry grits along the hill will kill the
ants and the queen. They try to eat it and cant. Will feed it to the queen
too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:01:57 -0400, "cshenk" you
wrote:

"Phisherman" wrote

If you want something absolutely nontoxic, putting pepper (black, white,
or cayenne) or cinnamon around their trails will leave them confused,
and they will leave. You can then vacuum up the pepper or cinnamon

As strange as it may be, ants dislike lime and that can be heavily
sprinkled around the house foundation. Kids' "sidewalk chalk" can be

For exterior and totally non-toxic, dry grits along the hill will kill the
ants and the queen. They try to eat it and cant. Will feed it to the queen
too.

Actually grits doesn't harm ants at all:

http://www.pestproducts.com/grits.htm
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.bio.entomology.misc

However, the Argentine ants here in California are omnivorous -
they'll eat
just about anything. And, as I said, they're tough to kill 'cuz they have
multiple queens and they can go to any nest, unlike other ants.

Multiple queens......only in california!!

Sorry couldn't resist

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan[_3_] View Post
I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of tiny
ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls, and grout
turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?
ok for PHAROH ANTS, also known as SUGAR ANTS use MINT JELLY with BORIC ACID.... 1 tablespoon boric acid to every 4 onces of mint jelly, Place on lids from 1 gallon water bottles and PLACE IN AREAS THAT CHILDREN AND PETS CANT REACH. Water bottle lids could be a CHOKING HAZARD, if you have young children use cardboard instead or DECIDE NOT TO USE THIS SOLUTION AT ALL. Although solution is considered safe, better to take precautions. CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL POISON CONTROL NUMBER TO BE SURE THAT IT IS SAFE.

WHAT YOU EXPECT TO SEE
The first couple days they will hoard on the solution. The ants will bring the posion(boric acid) back with them to the nest. When they have disapeaed the most imeddiate nests have been killed. Then a week later the second wave will come, from nests that are further away. Then they will disappear again, and then a few straglers will appear about a week later. By keeping the baits out you will no longer have a problem with these ants. I had problem with these ants so bad that they we actually biting me. I didn't know that they bite, previously.

NOW TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION

Window cleaner is great for killing ants, it kills them on contact, stops them in there tracks, Sorry water alone will not do that. It is the amoninia in the window cleaner. I am going to try a 10% ammonia to water ratio first, to see if it kills the ants instantly. If it doesnt then I will try 20%. And lastly 30% I dont think the ratio is higher than that. It is most likley in the 20 percent range, based on my research on the topic.

LASTLY

Window cleaner also is great for killing MOSQUITOES, my walls are light colored so that I can see the mosquitos. Swatting usually misses, where as the spray from window cleaner is fast and knocks the mosquito to the floor where you can squish. But the ammonia will kill if you dont squish. PALMETOS AND ROACHES great for killing them too. As long as you spray them, even if they hide, the ammonia kills them too. FRUIT FLIES, DRAIN FLIES, PORAID FLIES, HOUSE FLIES, FLIES ETC.
IT DID NOT KILL... SOME SPIDERS AND WASPS.

Last edited by bicycle bill : May 22nd 12 at 11:14 PM Reason: typos
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to David Remley, holt 101 wrote:
davidremley wrote:

Windex isn't ammonia you idiot. It's alcohol!
http://avogadro.chem.iastate.edu/MSD...eaner_blue.htm
And alcohol has no effect on the ant species. Use bleach instead.

windex is ammonia-d. Look it up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Susan, Susan wrote:
susanwilliams wrote:

I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of tiny
ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls, and grout
turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.
Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?
What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?
Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Vinegar works beautifully to destroy the "scent" or whatever is attracting
them at their point of entry, but it won't kill the ants. Put full
strength white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the cracks and scented
line they all follow in single file at their point of entry.
Then spray the surrounding cracks and areas around it, both inside and
out.. They disappear quickly if vinegar is sprayed in this way. So much
better than toxic chemicals and cheap. I'm unsure if this works in large
populations of ants. Mine have not returned either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 21:44:02 -0700, Susan
wrote:

...snip...

Vinegar works beautifully to destroy the "scent" or whatever is
attracting
them at their point of entry, but it won't kill the ants. Put full
strength white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the cracks and scented
line they all follow in single file at their point of entry. Then spray
the surrounding cracks and areas around it, both inside and
out.. They disappear quickly if vinegar is sprayed in this way. So much
better than toxic chemicals and cheap. I'm unsure if this works in large
populations of ants. Mine have not returned either.

yes, ALWAYS remove scent trails of EVERY creepy crawly.

We had two 2 liter bottles of soda explode inside a base cabinet in our
entertainment room. What a mess! Didn't discover until the next day, ran
down inside through cracks disappeared into ?? But the ants found it! The
cabinet isalong an exterior wall, duh!

Used the fastest thing I had around, Raid's new Bug Barrier. Sprayed
around, down into the same leaking cracks etc. Never saw anoth ant for
over year now. I think that stuff kills the next even.

It is a commercial toxic, "spit, spit, curse be gone!" but it DOES work
and work well.

Senior Member

This is a 6 year old thread.
Posted to alt.home.repair

susanwilliams wrote:

[...]

Ever think about looking into ant traps? Terro makes several varieties
for both inside and outside of the home. They do the job with no muss or
fuss. The stuff is taken back to the nest and kills the nest, no harsh
chemicals to poison your pets or rug rats.

If you Google you can make your own concoction but the Terro ones are
cheap enough, and as I said, they work.

John

What's better than Windex? ---MIKE--- Home Repair 27 August 13th 07 06:57 PM
Ants, Lots of Ants Steve Home Repair 21 July 26th 06 05:13 AM
Leaves, leaves everywhere; how to fix my rake. Peter Reilley Metalworking 36 November 30th 03 10:50 PM
Sticking leaves to my walls Conrad Edwards UK diy 6 October 1st 03 11:18 PM
Blue, blue, my world is blue -- is this fixable? Eric Vey Electronics Repair 2 September 24th 03 11:45 PM