vertical blinds connector ?

Old July 15th 08, 06:10 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default vertical blinds connector ?

Our rear doors are covered by a 112" W x ~86" H set of vertical
blinds. I would like to keep everything BUT the fabric vanes.

NON STANDARD VANE-to-RAIL CONNECTOR
The issue is that the plastic piece that connects the fabric vanes to
the rail appears non-standard. The (male) connector facing downward
from the rail is in the shape of a capital I (like an I beam). The
female connector, connected to the fabric closes in around the bottom
of the I-beam. (see the link below for a few pictures of this
connector). Some of the female connectors are broken. I'd like to
find a place that sells replacement connectors. Everything at HD &
Lowe's is a standard/interchangeable clip.

Any ideas?

VERTICAL BLIND CONNECTORS
http://home.comcast.net/~conundrum78/site/?/photos/

thanks in advance,
blind newbie
Old July 15th 08, 06:34 AM posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:10:22 -0700 (PDT), foolio97
wrote:

Our rear doors are covered by a 112" W x ~86" H set of vertical
blinds. I would like to keep everything BUT the fabric vanes.

NON STANDARD VANE-to-RAIL CONNECTOR
The issue is that the plastic piece that connects the fabric vanes to
the rail appears non-standard. The (male) connector facing downward
from the rail is in the shape of a capital I (like an I beam). The
female connector, connected to the fabric closes in around the bottom
of the I-beam. (see the link below for a few pictures of this
connector). Some of the female connectors are broken. I'd like to
find a place that sells replacement connectors. Everything at HD &
Lowe's is a standard/interchangeable clip.

Any ideas?

Have you looked all over the blinds to find out who made them?

Do you know where you got them?

Old July 15th 08, 03:08 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

The blinds were installed by a previous owner, I got on a chair and
looked, unsuccessfully, at the top, front, & sides for a manufacturer
label. I haven't taken the whole assembly down yet; I'll try that
tonight.
Old July 15th 08, 11:30 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"foolio97" wrote in message
Our rear doors are covered by a 112" W x ~86" H set of vertical
blinds. I would like to keep everything BUT the fabric vanes.

NON STANDARD VANE-to-RAIL CONNECTOR
The issue is that the plastic piece that connects the fabric vanes to
the rail appears non-standard. The (male) connector facing downward
from the rail is in the shape of a capital I (like an I beam). The
female connector, connected to the fabric closes in around the bottom
of the I-beam. (see the link below for a few pictures of this
connector). Some of the female connectors are broken. I'd like to
find a place that sells replacement connectors. Everything at HD &
Lowe's is a standard/interchangeable clip.

Any ideas?

VERTICAL BLIND CONNECTORS
http://home.comcast.net/~conundrum78/site/?/photos/

thanks in advance,
blind newbie

That is a non-standard clip. 22 years in the business and I have never seen
that one. That is the bad news.

The good news if you want to call it that is that the prices for a complete
new vertical blind are cheaper than just buying the new vanes. I have
priced it out a few times for clients and it has always worked out that way.

To cover all existing holes just order a new blind the same width and height
or add an inch to each measurement.

Here to help you with the install if you post.

--
Colbyt

Bali Vertical Blinds vs. Graber Vertical Blinds (Vynil) - which one is better? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 May 30th 06 09:20 PM
Vertical vs. Horizontal Blinds [email protected] Home Repair 2 May 18th 06 11:13 PM
Vertical vs. Horizontal Blinds [email protected] Home Ownership 1 May 18th 06 07:29 PM
Vertical blinds Neil D. UK diy 5 January 6th 06 12:59 PM
Vertical blinds [email protected] UK diy 3 June 16th 05 11:24 PM