Posted to alt.home.repair

Default An Epoxy Glue that Keeps After Opening?

"jim evans" wrote in message
I need a small amount of epoxy glue every 3-6 months. The problem is
the last one I bought usually drys out by the time I need it again
So, I have to buy the tubes again when I need it. Is there any way to
buy this stuff that I can reuse it for a year or so?

Just wanted to add my favorite 5 min epoxy to the conversation.
Fastweld 10 made by Ciba, seems to be relabeled with other brand names, but
called Fastweld 10. My first 9oz tubes lastd over 15 years.
I purchased my second set of tubes about 3 years ago.
http://www.shopmaninc.com/adhesives.html 3rd picture down.
This may or may not be the best price, just google Fastweld 10.
Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

amdx wrote:
"jim evans" wrote in message

I need a small amount of epoxy glue every 3-6 months. The problem is
the last one I bought usually drys out by the time I need it again
So, I have to buy the tubes again when I need it. Is there any way to
buy this stuff that I can reuse it for a year or so?

Just wanted to add my favorite 5 min epoxy to the conversation.
Fastweld 10 made by Ciba, seems to be relabeled with other brand names, but
called Fastweld 10. My first 9oz tubes lastd over 15 years.
I purchased my second set of tubes about 3 years ago.
http://www.shopmaninc.com/adhesives.html 3rd picture down.
This may or may not be the best price, just google Fastweld 10.
Mike

I'm careful about not switching caps on the tubes, but I also keep all
my epoxies in the kitchen freezer until I need to use them. I've got
some (not cheap) electrically conductive epoxy in our freezer which has
to be at least 15 years old which still works great when needed.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:07:14 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

I'm careful about not switching caps on the tubes, but I also keep all
my epoxies in the kitchen freezer until I need to use them. I've got
some (not cheap) electrically conductive epoxy in our freezer which has
to be at least 15 years old which still works great when needed.

Jeff

I keep film, batteries, medicine, candles, and some glues in the
refrigerator.

I have a new camera and I'm also keeping my digits in the fridge.
Each one is small but there are billions of them.

I'm looking for another fridge to keep my food in.