Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Electric Range Surface light is on.

I have a Kenmore Range Model: 911-9384991, SN: 6F207209Q. Recently,
one of the receptacle was lose and burnt out. The surface light is
always on even all coils are set to OFF. Unplug the power cable and
re-plug does not help. I know how to replace the receptacle, but have
no idea why the surface light is on.
What could be the problem? Can I fix it?

Thanks
Scott
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 16, 7:34*pm, wrote:
I have a Kenmore Range Model: 911-9384991, SN: 6F207209Q. *Recently,
one of the receptacle was lose and burnt out. *The surface light is
always on even all coils are set to OFF. *Unplug the power cable and
re-plug does not help. *I know how to replace the receptacle, but have
no idea why the surface light is on.
What could be the problem? *Can I fix it?

Thanks
Scott

is the surface light you refer to the light that comes on when any of
the top surfaces is hot?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 16, 8:49*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Jun 16, 7:34*pm, wrote:

I have a Kenmore Range Model: 911-9384991, SN: 6F207209Q. *Recently,
one of the receptacle was lose and burnt out. *The surface light is
always on even all coils are set to OFF. *Unplug the power cable and
re-plug does not help. *I know how to replace the receptacle, but have
no idea why the surface light is on.
What could be the problem? *Can I fix it?

Thanks
Scott

is the surface light you refer to the light that comes on when any of
the top surfaces is hot?

The surface light is always on right after plugged power cable, no
matter
any coil is on or off. The surface light should be off when no coil
is on, right?

Thanks
Scott

KENMORE RANGE Tjohnson123 Home Repair 3 January 12th 07 02:14 AM
Kenmore Gas Range Does Not Heat tfeller Home Repair 5 October 11th 06 07:26 PM
Kenmore Range Broiler Problem - It Doesn't turn off. djs Home Repair 4 December 5th 05 07:50 PM
Sears Kenmore Oven/Range ChrisGW Home Repair 5 October 30th 05 09:03 PM