JK

Default Extra long leveling legs for a stove?

We recently remodeled our kitchen, and purchased a slide in Fridigaire
stove/oven. The problem is, we had our cabinets custom made and for some
reason made the base cabinet too tall. Long story short, our countertop is
now 38 inches high, and the leveling legs don't crank up that high. I looked
online for extra log legs to no avail. Anybody know if they make these, and
if not, any suggestions. To me the obvious is to build it up with wood or
something? Anybody see any issue with this?

Edwin Pawlowski

"JK" wrote in message
To me the obvious is to build it up with wood or something? Anybody see
any issue with this?

That's what I'd do. All you need is two strips so the sides are properly
supported and it can slide.

Appliance Repair Aid

JK wrote:
We recently remodeled our kitchen, and purchased a slide in

Fridigaire
stove/oven. The problem is, we had our cabinets custom made and for

some
reason made the base cabinet too tall. Long story short, our

countertop is
now 38 inches high, and the leveling legs don't crank up that high. I

looked
online for extra log legs to no avail. Anybody know if they make

these, and
if not, any suggestions. To me the obvious is to build it up with

wood or
something? Anybody see any issue with this?

Hi,

I looked
online for extra log legs to no avail. Anybody know if they make

these

The manufactures for the -most part- do not make any.

Are the legs metal or plastic? If plastic, you will probably have to
use some wood shims to raise up the range. If metal, I usually take one
of the legs to local hardwars store and match up the thread count and
bolt size and purchase 4 longer carriage style bolts and make my own
longer legs. A small piece of felt glued to the carriage bolt head will
protect the floor when moving the range.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Goedjn

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:17:43 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"JK" wrote in message
To me the obvious is to build it up with wood or something? Anybody see
any issue with this?

That's what I'd do. All you need is two strips so the sides are properly
supported and it can slide.

That's all you NEED, yes, but what you really want is to build a whole
platform, with a secret door from the cabinet on the side, so's you
can hide your egg-money there.
George E. Cawthon

JK wrote:
We recently remodeled our kitchen, and purchased a slide in Fridigaire
stove/oven. The problem is, we had our cabinets custom made and for some
reason made the base cabinet too tall. Long story short, our countertop is
now 38 inches high, and the leveling legs don't crank up that high. I looked
online for extra log legs to no avail. Anybody know if they make these, and
if not, any suggestions. To me the obvious is to build it up with wood or
something? Anybody see any issue with this?

No problem. just get a couple of 1x4's long
enough to hit the back wall and short enough that
they don't extend past the front of the stove. If
the 1x4 (3/4" high) isn't enough then add another
piece of wood, plywood 1/4" or 1/2. If you need
1-1/2 height rise, then use 2x4's. Lay one on
each side of the opening, and slide the stove in.
Might want to put a piece of wood or other trim
in front to hide the gap.

38" high? Hope you folks are tall.

John Gilmer

You might consider putting "shoes" on the existing leveling screws to extend
them.

The "shoes" can be PVC tubing with a cap (or just the cap.) Place washers,
nuts, whatever in the cap/tube to give you the extension you need. If the
extension "wiggles" pour in some drywall compound. If you want to remove
it, you add water!

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Appliance Repair Aid, edwardkelly wrote:
should there be anything else on the head of the bolt? seems like it might be
a little shaky without the base

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tove-8198-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

"38" high? Hope you folks are tall."

I just ran a tape-measure up past my belly. Not excessively
higher than standard height! And in a couple more decades,
with the avg. American male exactly 6', and women avging
5' 7".
Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Coombs wrote: " 38" is tall for a standard kitchen counter top . The industry standard"

Like I said, only a two inch difference. It's not
like it's up to my chest, lol! And from what I have
seen of the class of '24, it 38" might become the
standard soon. I'm only 5' 7.5", and 38" is
actually quite ergonomic to me - I'm all torso.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to George E. Cawthon, Grace wrote:
We needed to raise our stove 4 inches above the tile floor because the gas
pipe was installed through the concrete slab and our plumber could only reduce
the protrusion to 4 inches above the slab. So we purchased an 8 foot fir 6 x 4
at Home Depot and had HD cut it into 2 side rails and 1 front connector
inserted and booed between the two side rails. We are both 58. The stove
went in perfectly, looks great and we find the height ergonomic. Yes, the
counter top on the left is 4 inches lower, but its no problem. Amazon sells
a set of silicone strips designed too fill the gap at counter level. (I
designed this solution after a local handyman quoted us $700 to build a
platform. Outrageous, but this is the west side of Los Angeles where our many
home owners seem price indifferent. However, we dont like to be ripped off.)

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tove-8198-.htm

Loose chair legs Joe Barta Woodworking 13 September 26th 19 08:44 PM
Silent thermostat Dave Gibson UK diy 13 January 5th 04 01:02 PM
If glue is stronger than the wood, do you need to use screws when attaching legs to a table? YJJim Woodworking 3 December 18th 03 04:29 PM
No fee needed for extra principal payments Ablang Home Ownership 0 November 18th 03 03:08 AM