Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology

Default Rights of Neighbors

On May 29, 7:30*am, "mahfoud belhadj"
wrote:
The fight should be against Political Islam. A fight against Islam as a
religion is doomed to failure. If the west does not understand that, then
the same old mistakes will be repeated.

When I hear the Imams railing agains the 'political Islam', I will
then begin to give some credance to the muslims who claim the religion
is peaceful. So far all I hear is a resounding silence.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology

On 5/29/2008 8:08 AM Harry K spake thus:

wrote:

The fight should be against Political Islam. A fight against Islam as a
religion is doomed to failure. If the west does not understand that, then
the same old mistakes will be repeated.

When I hear the Imams railing agains the 'political Islam', I will
then begin to give some credance to the muslims who claim the religion
is peaceful. So far all I hear is a resounding silence.

So in your mind it's OK that the American Taliban (i.e., the evangelist
Christian crazies) don't have to disavow their agenda for turning the
U.S. into a fundamentalist theocracy?

You know, that thing about goose and gander, pot, kettle, black, etc.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill
Posted to alt.support.depression,humanities.lit.authors.shakespeare,sci.math,alt.home.repair,alt.religion.scientology

.com...

wrote:

The fight should be against Political Islam. A fight against Islam as a
religion is doomed to failure. If the west does not understand that,
then
the same old mistakes will be repeated.

When I hear the Imams railing agains the 'political Islam', I will
then begin to give some credance to the muslims who claim the religion
is peaceful. So far all I hear is a resounding silence.

Making the distinction may not be a bad idea. I personally think Islam is a
cult but then many people seem to find spiritual values in it. It's no good
attacking something people find value in, so making this kind of distinction
may be a good idea.

So in your mind it's OK that the American Taliban (i.e., the evangelist
Christian crazies) don't have to disavow their agenda for turning the U.S.
into a fundamentalist theocracy?

You know, that thing about goose and gander, pot, kettle, black, etc.

Fundamentalist theocracy, nicely put, but this would be to forget that it's
the American people who voted that war criminal as President and then
re-elected him in spite of all of what he did. I just find incredible that a
whole nation can be that foolish. In many way we deserve what we get and I
have the feeling we have not yet seen the end of it.