Posted to alt.home.repair

Default BASF Walltite?

Does anyone have any experiences to share with this product? Positive
or negative?

It sounds like a fantastic product...R6 per inch, which makes a 2x6
stud wall about R33 (instead of R20 with fiberglass batt insulation).
Structural support. No vapour barrier required. Resistant to mold.
Fills in all gaps (unlike batt insulation), so minimal air leakage.
Etc. etc.

I just got a quote done up for my basement (92 linear feet @ R24).
Total came to about $2700 (installed). An 'equivalent' fiberglass/XPS
installation would cost about $1300 in raw materials, and I would lose
about 10 square feet due to added wall thickness.

Does anyone think that the additional cost (2x) is justified?

Here's a link to a local company that supplies the product:
http://www.healthyhomesprayfoam.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 22, 8:19*am, David Bonnell wrote:
Does anyone have any experiences to share with this product? *Positive
or negative?

It sounds like a fantastic product...R6 per inch, which makes a 2x6
stud wall about R33 (instead of R20 with fiberglass batt insulation).
Structural support. *No vapour barrier required. *Resistant to mold.
Fills in all gaps (unlike batt insulation), so minimal air leakage.
Etc. etc.

I just got a quote done up for my basement (92 linear feet @ R24).
Total came to about $2700 (installed). *An 'equivalent' fiberglass/XPS
installation would cost about $1300 in raw materials, and I would lose
about 10 square feet due to added wall thickness.

Does anyone think that the additional cost (2x) is justified?

Here's a link to a local company that supplies the product:http://www.healthyhomesprayfoam.com/

Is that finished to paint with drywall. Is it a below grade, if there
are moist walls you will have mold you need to know about leaks and
moisture. Foam off gasses, for how long or how much and if it can make
you sick is real hard to find out info on, remember UFFI that ruined
houses, There are water base foams of 5R " that I dont think offgass.
Its a good product GE foam is R7, for pricing you need to get bids,
for health concerns you need to research it. With oil up foams price
wont get any cheaper.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message
moisture. Foam off gasses, for how long or how much and if it can make
you sick is real hard to find out info on, remember UFFI that ruined
houses,

Not all foams off gas. Don't make assumptions based on hearsay. Get facts

Posted to alt.home.repair

"David Bonnell" wrote in message

I just got a quote done up for my basement (92 linear feet @ R24).
Total came to about $2700 (installed). An 'equivalent' fiberglass/XPS
installation would cost about $1300 in raw materials, and I would lose
about 10 square feet due to added wall thickness.

Does anyone think that the additional cost (2x) is justified?

Here's a link to a local company that supplies the product:
http://www.healthyhomesprayfoam.com/

The payback will be very quick the way oil prices are going up. One way or
another I'd get the extra insulation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 22, 2:48*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"ransley" wrote in message

moisture. Foam off gasses, for how long or how much and if it can make
you sick is real hard to find out info on, remember UFFI that ruined
houses,

Not all foams off gas. *Don't make assumptions based on hearsay. Get facts

Facts from WHERE, who, not from the foam manufacturers, I put in a
whole basement and covered a house of non offgassing foil faced
foamboard from Dow that made me very sick in a month, Just installing
it got me and a contractor messed up a bit. I googled, I called, I
heard it was fine from Dow.

How many years did UFFI go in until it was banned and everyone said
it was ok, I had that crap too. Remember people removed siding to
remove UFFI, If you had a UFFI house it would not sell, remember that.
Water base probably offgasses in a few days, but Poly products? I gues
it depends on what is in them. What goes into alot of products is
nasty stuff, untested, unproven. The Amoco lab in Chicago was closed
down years ago after something like 11 of their best scientists got
cancer, my worked for Amoco and I visited this lab. What we make today
we often find is tomorrows poison. Amine? Catylyst is in some foams
and what I have heard is its bad stuff.