Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting house exterior

On May 7, 1:44*pm, dpb wrote:

Hello, the stucco paint is elastomeric, it's like a "rubberized" paint
that is suppose to expand and have good capabilities in filling small
cracks. I wonder if it can be sprayed.

The can will tell you if you read it. *I'd guess not, but I don't have
the label to read...

--

I'd use one of the viny type products to replace the trim. You don't
need much, so cost isn't that much. And it will never rot again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in news:b3b5e39b-f1ad-4c18-9b6e-ea5073346bc1@
26g2000hsk.googlegroups.com:

On May 7, 1:44*pm, dpb wrote:

Hello, the stucco paint is elastomeric, it's like a "rubberized" paint
that is suppose to expand and have good capabilities in filling small
cracks. I wonder if it can be sprayed.

The can will tell you if you read it. *I'd guess not, but I don't have
the label to read...

--

I'd use one of the viny type products to replace the trim. You don't
need much, so cost isn't that much. And it will never rot again.

Bad parts of this.

- expensive...well I seem to recall something called Never Rot had a price
tag.

- If trim board is rotting, that's a nice warning that something is wrong.
Fix before rafter caps get damaged.

- If it was a no rot, rafter caps and worse, walls would be rotting and
everything would look fine from outside. Big $ by the time it shows up
inside.

Prime trim board front and back and on end after final cut.
Paint, including edges.
Always 45 cuts on lap joints. No butt joints.
Caulk overlaps and ends.
Must have drip edge overhanging trim, rakes and eaves.
Use galvanized nails
Inspect anually.

Gutters can cause havoc with trim if improperly installed.

Trim boards installed correctly won't rot.

Some of the fascia board around the garage are wasted (2x4 in size).

BTW, 2x4 for fascia boards??? Usually are 1-by-x.
1x4 small
1x6 nominal
1x8 large

Just my .02. I am a professional wanna-be :-)

What is the procedure for thinning exterior paint for painting a house? [email protected] Home Repair 5 June 5th 06 03:06 AM
Question on spray painting house exterior [email protected] Home Ownership 2 May 13th 06 04:19 AM
Painting house exterior mreks UK diy 8 July 21st 05 04:29 PM
Need advice - painting exterior of house stepdawn Home Ownership 1 September 14th 04 06:29 PM
Exterior House Painting-What to Ask Potential Contractors? ELL Home Repair 3 February 5th 04 11:27 PM