Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to find hand pump for well?

I have a shallow well, and in the summer the water level drops to about 10
feet. Do they make hand pumps that can pump water from that depth? Any ideas
where to find one? My water supply is plentiful, but doesn't do me any good
when the power is off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Zootal" wrote in message
I have a shallow well, and in the summer the water level drops to about 10
feet. Do they make hand pumps that can pump water from that depth? Any
ideas where to find one? My water supply is plentiful, but doesn't do me
any good when the power is off.
You're probably better off getting a portable generator, unless you want to
remove the motor and pipe from the shaft, and replace it with a hand pump

Posted to alt.home.repair

Zootal wrote:

I have a shallow well, and in the summer the water level drops to about 10
feet. Do they make hand pumps that can pump water from that depth? Any ideas
where to find one? My water supply is plentiful, but doesn't do me any good
when the power is off.

Check out The Bosworth Company. Their various versions of "The Guzzler"
(can handle max head of 12 ft) are customizable and the company is very
good to deal with. I just got a customized (duckbill valves, garden
hose fitting for inlet and outlet ports, aluminum clamp ring with stop
brackets) Guzzler 400. It works great. Here's a link to their website:

http://www.thebosworthco.biz/
Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

Zootal wrote:

I have a shallow well, and in the summer the water level drops to about 10
feet. Do they make hand pumps that can pump water from that depth? Any ideas
where to find one? My water supply is plentiful, but doesn't do me any good
when the power is off.

As usual, try google:

Here are some sample results:
http://www.survivalunlimited.com/deepwellpump.htm