DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to measure for window inserts (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/239560-how-measure-window-inserts.html)

Doobielicious March 24th 08 01:49 AM

How to measure for window inserts

Any advice on how to measure for window inserts. I am in a 65 year old hom
and all i can say is the bottom of the window frame is an angle towards the
ground.

Ed Pawlowski March 24th 08 02:13 AM

How to measure for window inserts

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 01:49:57 GMT, "Doobielicious"
wrote:

Any advice on how to measure for window inserts. I am in a 65 year old hom
and all i can say is the bottom of the window frame is an angle towards the
ground.

What type of inserts? Decorative? Replacement sashes? replacement
windows?

When measuring for a replacement window you use the shortest
dimension, the one where you place the ruler on the high part of the
frame.

DerbyDad03 March 24th 08 02:21 AM

http://www.1stwindows.com/measure.htm