Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Bud Lite & Busch Lite Sucks

Bud Lite & Busch Lite are the worst beers made. Yet they are the most
popular beers sold. Americans have no taste whatsoever. I'd rather drink
**** than drink that ****. The next son of a bitch that throws a bud or
busch lite can along my driveway will be shot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 7:54:46 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Bud Lite & Busch Lite are the worst beers made. Yet they are the most
popular beers sold. Americans have no taste whatsoever. I'd rather drink
**** than drink that ****. The next son of a bitch that throws a bud or
busch lite can along my driveway will be shot.

Why exactly are you so mad about this? If those were the only beers
sold, or the only ones available in a typical bar, I could understand it.
The reality is that today the store shelves are stocked with a staggering
array of beers produced by breweries large and small in the USA and from
abroad. The selections are probably 10x what they were just a couple decades
ago. And obviously people must be buying them, or the stores would not
stock them.

For the record, I see Bush Lite coming in as #7. For the record, all
the beers in the top 20 that I see are the traditional American style
lagers, brewed by the majors, without a lot of taste. But the stores
and bars are stocked with an overwhelming array of other choices.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:24:04 -0400, "dadiOH" wrote:

wrote:
Bud Lite & Busch Lite are the worst beers made. Yet they are the most
popular beers sold. Americans have no taste whatsoever. I'd rather
drink **** than drink that ****. The next son of a bitch that throws
a bud or busch lite can along my driveway will be shot.

Speaking of ****...

Years ago there was a columnist for one of the Chicago papers named Mike
Royko. Many/most of his columns could be called "satirical sarcasm" but at
least one was pure truth.

That column involved a tasting of popular American beers. The uniform
opinion of the tasting panel was that they all tasted as if they had been
run through a horse.

I guess that explains why Budweiser has their Clydesdales......

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dadiOH" wrote:

The uniform
opinion of the tasting panel was that they all tasted as if they had been
run through a horse

Having never tasted horse ****, I will defer that conclusion to those who have.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 6:54:46 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Bud Lite & Busch Lite are the worst beers made. Yet they are the most
popular beers sold. Americans have no taste whatsoever. I'd rather drink
**** than drink that ****. The next son of a bitch that throws a bud or
busch lite can along my driveway will be shot.

I don't care because I don't drink alcoholic beverages. It all looks like urine to me. Why anyone would drink something that looks so much like urine is a mystery to me. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Sober Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:24:04 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote in

wrote:
Bud Lite & Busch Lite are the worst beers made. Yet they are the most
popular beers sold. Americans have no taste whatsoever. I'd rather
drink **** than drink that ****. The next son of a bitch that throws
a bud or busch lite can along my driveway will be shot.

Speaking of ****...

Years ago there was a columnist for one of the Chicago papers named Mike
Royko. Many/most of his columns could be called "satirical sarcasm" but at
least one was pure truth.

That column involved a tasting of popular American beers. The uniform
opinion of the tasting panel was that they all tasted as if they had been
run through a horse.

What is the supposed purpose of drinking a "Lite" beer? Is it to
consume less alcohol? Why would anyone want to do that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

CRNG wrote:

What is the supposed purpose of drinking a "Lite" beer? Is it to
consume less alcohol? Why would anyone want to do that?

Less alcohol means less calories. Theoretically, less calories means a smaller
beer gut. In reality, people who drik lite beer tend to drink more to
compensate, so in a sense it's a pointless exercise.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 07:30:50 -0500, CRNG
wrote:

That column involved a tasting of popular American beers. The uniform
opinion of the tasting panel was that they all tasted as if they had been
run through a horse.

What is the supposed purpose of drinking a "Lite" beer? Is it to
consume less alcohol? Why would anyone want to do that?

The lite beers are about 0.5 to 1% less alcohol. But they are supposed
to be lower in calories. What drives me crazy is that well over half the
people that drink it, are NOT on any diet, and many dont need to be. It
seems more like a fad than a need to drink the stuff. Almost every time
I am around beer drinkers, whether it's in a bar, or some sort of event,
I see about 90% or more of the cans are Bud or Busch Lite. Since I know
a bar owner, I asked him the percentage of sales, and those two are
about 90% of his sales.

What really gets me is that those lite beers have less than half the
taste, compared to the "full" beer from that same company.

I dont like any Anhauser Busch beers (Bud or Busch), but if I want a
beer and nothing else is being sold, I'll take a regular Budweiser. But
sooner or later someone is going to hand me a Lite, because they seem to
think everyone drinks it. I'll usually drink it, but I surely dont enjoy
it. The last wedding I went to, had Bud Lite in their tapper. I had one,
the rest of the nite I drank the free soda pop instead. It tasted better
and eliminated the headache I ususally get from Lite beers, if I drink
more than two.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 10:06:45 AM UTC-4, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
CRNG wrote:

What is the supposed purpose of drinking a "Lite" beer? Is it to
consume less alcohol? Why would anyone want to do that?

Less alcohol means less calories. Theoretically, less calories means a smaller
beer gut. In reality, people who drik lite beer tend to drink more to
compensate, so in a sense it's a pointless exercise.

It's not just less alcohol that reduces the calories. They also
reduce the carb content compared to a regular beer. But I agree,
whether it's worth it is debatable.

Cutting MC-Lite? Ted[_9_] Home Repair 4 June 10th 08 12:59 AM
MC-lite Toller Home Repair 3 July 6th 07 09:03 PM
Mag-lite, again C & E Home Repair 15 December 13th 05 11:36 PM
Envirotex Lite [email protected] Woodworking 0 May 20th 05 10:15 PM
Best Lite for Turning Keith Young Woodturning 13 January 27th 05 05:43 AM