no cold water or toilet water

Old January 20th 08, 12:29 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default no cold water or toilet water

This morning I noticed that our downstairs toilet tank was not filling
up after a flush. The tank would drain, but there was not water
coming back in through the valve. I replaced the toilet fill valve,
but still no water is coming into the tank. Then I noticed that the
cold water was not working in the sink (same bathroom). The hot water
in the bathroom works fine. (The hot and cold water come from
different supply lines). In the kitchen and upstairs bathroom, the
water works fine. I live in Kansas, and the temp has been around 5-25
degrees the last couple days. Could the pipes be frozen? I am not
sure where the plumbing to this bathroom runs from, as I just moved
into this rental house a couple weeks ago. Any ideas???
Old January 20th 08, 01:00 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
This morning I noticed that our downstairs toilet tank was not filling
up after a flush. The tank would drain, but there was not water
coming back in through the valve. I replaced the toilet fill valve,

Good thinking.

Jeez....

Old January 20th 08, 01:10 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Good chance this is an outside wall, and it has frozen. I have had this
happen and it opens up after the weather warms up a bit. Sometimes I have
been able to keep that one bathroom very warm, and it will warm the pipe and
water would start flowing again to that john.

Yes, it could have burst the pipe, but that doesn't always happen.

James