Posted to alt.home.repair

Default slippery ramp

I recently purchased a fancy new trailer which has and integral ramp.
The rear door folds down like a garage door to make a ramp. The
problem is that the ramp gets slippery with all the ice and snow
around here. Who has ideas on how to make the ramp less slippery?
Someone said that stick-ons like they use in a bathtub would work. I
don't know how durable that would be. An idea I had is a spray liner
on like they use on a pickup truck. Any other ideas out there?

Lawrence in Minnesota
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 19, 9:27*am, wrote:
I recently purchased a fancy new trailer which has and integral ramp.
The rear door folds down like a garage door to make a ramp. *The
problem is that the ramp gets slippery with all the ice and snow
around here. *Who has ideas on how to make the ramp less slippery?
Someone said that stick-ons like they use in a bathtub would work. *I
don't know how durable that would be. *An idea I had is a spray liner
on like they use on a pickup truck. *Any other ideas out there?

Lawrence in Minnesota

Stick on non slip stuff works and comes in many witdths and work. You
could use paint and throw on sand before it dries. You would need to
put it in a garage and warm it for glue or paint to adhere and cure.
Posted to alt.home.repair
RLM RLM is offline

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 07:27:37 -0800, lwhaley22000 wrote:

I recently purchased a fancy new trailer which has and integral ramp. The
rear door folds down like a garage door to make a ramp. The problem is
that the ramp gets slippery with all the ice and snow around here. Who
has ideas on how to make the ramp less slippery? Someone said that
stick-ons like they use in a bathtub would work. I don't know how durable
that would be. An idea I had is a spray liner on like they use on a
pickup truck. Any other ideas out there?

Lawrence in Minnesota

Put down a piece of 1/2" ply and nail a row of roof shingles to use as a
walkway. Two rows for a drive on ramp.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Someone said that stick-ons like they use in a bathtub would work. I
don't know how durable that would be. An idea I had is a spray liner
on like they use on a pickup truck. Any other ideas out there?

I think I would use the spray on liner. My neighbor used it on his
trailer fenders that were getting all chipped up from stones and it
worked well for that. It should hold up well on the ramp and also
provide better traction.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 07:27:37 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Who has ideas on how to make the ramp less slippery?

??, but it depends on what this ramp (slippery portion) is made of.
Wood? Metal?

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 22, 5:43*pm, Oren wrote:

--

Therampis for foot traffic and is made of painted plywood with a
metal strip at the base. *It would be inconvenient to keep it folded

Consider cleats - securely mounted. Like this sample pic. They give
you some traction and reduces slips.http://www.majesticfloats.co.nz/imag...tion-final.jpg

Oren

excellent post oren. I always have matl on hand for cleats and i
don't see much downside.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 22, 1:24*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 19, 10:27*am, wrote:

I recently purchased a fancy new trailer which has and integralramp.
The rear door folds down like a garage door to make aramp. *The
problem is that therampgetsslipperywith all the ice and snow
around here. *Who has ideas on how to make theramplessslippery?
Someone said that stick-ons like they use in a bathtub would work. *I
don't know how durable that would be. *An idea I had is a spray liner
on like they use on a pickup truck. *Any other ideas out there?

Lawrence in Minnesota

Consider products used in marine applications where water is a given.

http://www.csctextiles.com/Nau.htmht...adek/index.htm

superb post, derbydad. those products look to be ideally suited for
the purpose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 30, 4:05*pm, Oren wrote:

wrote:

Who has ideas on how to make theramplessslippery?

??, but it depends on what thisramp(slipperyportion) is made of.
Wood? Metal?

Oren
--

Therampis for foot traffic and is made of painted plywood with a
metal strip at the base. *It would be inconvenient to keep it folded
up when not being used considering the climate. *Thanks to all for the
replies.

Consider cleats - securely mounted. Like this sample pic. They give
you some traction and reduces slips.http://www.majesticfloats.co.nz/imag...tion-final.jpg

Oren

excellent post oren. *I always have matl on hand for cleats and i
don't see much downside.

Cleats work ... I've seen them used on chicken coops , loading ramps
for other animals. ..the animals don't slip so much.

Oren

tnks for the comment. cleats are no good for me I decided since I
have several tool on wheels that would be difficlut to roll in and
out. my air compressor and also the oxy-acetylene torch are both on
wheels. so i'm thinkin that the industrial marine stick on stufff is
my best choice. thanks to all, lawrence

Slippery laminate stairs [email protected] Home Repair 4 July 12th 07 08:28 PM
slippery tiles Adam Russell Home Repair 2 February 6th 06 06:17 PM
Slippery Bathtub grinder Home Repair 3 January 17th 06 07:08 PM
Slippery slope David Woodworking 6 January 14th 06 05:34 AM
Slippery Elem W Canaday Woodturning 15 November 19th 05 05:22 AM