slippery ramp

Old January 19th 08, 03:27 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default slippery ramp

I recently purchased a fancy new trailer which has and integral ramp.
The rear door folds down like a garage door to make a ramp. The
problem is that the ramp gets slippery with all the ice and snow
around here. Who has ideas on how to make the ramp less slippery?
Someone said that stick-ons like they use in a bathtub would work. I
don't know how durable that would be. An idea I had is a spray liner
on like they use on a pickup truck. Any other ideas out there?

Lawrence in Minnesota
Old January 19th 08, 03:34 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 19, 9:27*am, wrote:
I recently purchased a fancy new trailer which has and integral ramp.
The rear door folds down like a garage door to make a ramp. *The
problem is that the ramp gets slippery with all the ice and snow
around here. *Who has ideas on how to make the ramp less slippery?
Someone said that stick-ons like they use in a bathtub would work. *I
don't know how durable that would be. *An idea I had is a spray liner
on like they use on a pickup truck. *Any other ideas out there?

Lawrence in Minnesota

Stick on non slip stuff works and comes in many witdths and work. You
could use paint and throw on sand before it dries. You would need to
put it in a garage and warm it for glue or paint to adhere and cure.
Old January 19th 08, 06:39 PM posted to alt.home.repair
RLM

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 07:27:37 -0800, lwhaley22000 wrote:

I recently purchased a fancy new trailer which has and integral ramp. The
rear door folds down like a garage door to make a ramp. The problem is
that the ramp gets slippery with all the ice and snow around here. Who
has ideas on how to make the ramp less slippery? Someone said that
stick-ons like they use in a bathtub would work. I don't know how durable
that would be. An idea I had is a spray liner on like they use on a
pickup truck. Any other ideas out there?

Lawrence in Minnesota

Put down a piece of 1/2" ply and nail a row of roof shingles to use as a
walkway. Two rows for a drive on ramp.

Old January 19th 08, 09:15 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Someone said that stick-ons like they use in a bathtub would work. I
don't know how durable that would be. An idea I had is a spray liner
on like they use on a pickup truck. Any other ideas out there?

I think I would use the spray on liner. My neighbor used it on his
trailer fenders that were getting all chipped up from stones and it
worked well for that. It should hold up well on the ramp and also
provide better traction.
Old January 19th 08, 10:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 07:27:37 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Who has ideas on how to make the ramp less slippery?

??, but it depends on what this ramp (slippery portion) is made of.
Wood? Metal?

Oren

Slippery laminate stairs [email protected] Home Repair 4 July 12th 07 07:28 PM
slippery tiles Adam Russell Home Repair 2 February 6th 06 05:17 PM
Slippery Bathtub grinder Home Repair 3 January 17th 06 06:08 PM
Slippery slope David Woodworking 6 January 14th 06 04:34 AM
Slippery Elem W Canaday Woodturning 15 November 19th 05 04:22 AM