Latch for pull down attic door.

Old January 14th 08, 02:45 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Latch for pull down attic door.

I am trying select latches for a pull down attic door. I want
compress the weatherstripping a bit.

This a spring loaded pull down door with fold out stairs.

I suppose simple bolt latches might work. Any other ideas?
Old February 19th 09, 05:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair

yeahbuddy had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...or-281421-.htm
:

I used 2 of these and they worked beautifully

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...ategory%20Page

(Master Magnetics Two-Way Door Latch Magnet)

They handle up to 50 lbs each. They are very strong. Good luck.

-------------------------------------
wrote:

I am trying select latches for a pull down attic door. I want
compress the weatherstripping a bit.

This a spring loaded pull down door with fold out stairs.

I suppose simple bolt latches might work. Any other ideas?

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/
Old February 7th 17, 04:44 AM posted to alt.home.repair
Joe

replying to tadamsmar, Joe wrote:
Yes, I have an idea to use a pull rope that goes through through a smooth
hole in the attic door assembly and attached to a spring loaded latch. To
close the attack door simply, push it closed using a broom handle with a
protective sponge ball to protect the door assembly finish. This will
compress your insulation. To open simply pull the rope, as you normally
would to open the door assembly and the rope will pull back the spring loaded
latch. Now you won't need to get a stool to undue the bolt latches every time
you want access to the attic.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...or-281421-.htm

Old February 7th 17, 11:53 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 11:44:06 PM UTC-5, Joe wrote:
replying to tadamsmar, Joe wrote:
Yes, I have an idea to use a pull rope that goes through through a smooth
hole in the attic door assembly and attached to a spring loaded latch. To
close the attack door simply, push it closed using a broom handle with a
protective sponge ball to protect the door assembly finish. This will
compress your insulation. To open simply pull the rope, as you normally
would to open the door assembly and the rope will pull back the spring loaded
latch. Now you won't need to get a stool to undue the bolt latches every time
you want access to the attic.

(Yes, I know it's an 8 year old thread)

I built one of these. It fits snugly into the framing for the ladder. So snug that I had to put
handles on the inside to pull it down into the opening. Not need for a latch.

http://www.conservationmart.com/imag...dium/10134.jpg