Latch for pull down attic door.

Old January 14th 08, 03:45 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Latch for pull down attic door.

I am trying select latches for a pull down attic door. I want
compress the weatherstripping a bit.

This a spring loaded pull down door with fold out stairs.

I suppose simple bolt latches might work. Any other ideas?
Old February 19th 09, 06:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair

yeahbuddy had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...or-281421-.htm
:

I used 2 of these and they worked beautifully

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...ategory%20Page

(Master Magnetics Two-Way Door Latch Magnet)

They handle up to 50 lbs each. They are very strong. Good luck.

wrote:

I am trying select latches for a pull down attic door. I want
compress the weatherstripping a bit.

This a spring loaded pull down door with fold out stairs.

I suppose simple bolt latches might work. Any other ideas?

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/