Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Left hand thread

Learned my lesson regarding snowblower paddles,now I need to remove the
augur and reboot the sucker. Can't for the life of me break the augur( left
hand thread ) pulley loose. Any help available?
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
Learned my lesson regarding snowblower paddles,now I need to remove the
augur and reboot the sucker. Can't for the life of me break the augur(
left hand thread ) pulley loose. Any help available?
Frank

Heat. Lots of it, as from a torch, usually works on things like that. Or let
it set for a day or so with penetrating oil.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 4, 8:53*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message

Learned my lesson regarding snowblower paddles,now I need to remove the
augur and reboot the sucker. Can't for the life of me break the augur(
left hand thread ) pulley loose. Any help available?
* * * * * * * * Frank

Heat. Lots of it, as from a torch, usually works on things like that. Or let
it set for a day or so with penetrating oil.

And use an impact wrench. Air type is OK, and electrics would be
second choice, but there are also hand + hammer types that will accept
an impact socket.

Joe