Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Neptune Washing Machine

I am having a problem with my washing machine. It is a front loader.
The symptoms a water is running out the bottom of the door. The
door can be opened when the machine is running. It smells like the
motor is getting hot. The washer does complete the cycle from
beginning to end. The washer is nine years old. Not sure if I should
repair or replace. Sears charges $65 to show up in the driveway. I am
not real mechanically inclined but am willing to try to help myself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

bruce6230 wrote:

I am having a problem with my washing machine. It is a front loader.
The symptoms a water is running out the bottom of the door. The
door can be opened when the machine is running. It smells like the
motor is getting hot. The washer does complete the cycle from
beginning to end. The washer is nine years old. Not sure if I should
repair or replace. Sears charges $65 to show up in the driveway. I am
not real mechanically inclined but am willing to try to help myself.

It's at least worth the effort to pull it out and see if it's a simple
item like a worn out belt. Nine years is fairly old, but since it's a
higher end unit, if it was working well prior to this it should be worth
fixing if it's something simple like a belt. A decent washer can last 30
years with some minimal maintenance like belts.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Dec 26, 10:46*am, bruce6230 wrote:
I am having a problem with my washing machine. It is a front loader.
The symptoms a water is running out the bottom of the door. The
door can be opened when the machine is running. It smells like the
motor is getting hot. The washer does complete the cycle from
beginning to end. The washer is nine years old. Not sure if I should
repair or replace. Sears charges $65 to show up in the driveway. I am
not real mechanically inclined but am willing to try to help myself.

Remember repairclinic.com is your online friend. Advice and parts are
available if you contact them. Good luck.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

I was told thats a symptom of main bearing failure and worse the
entire drum must be replaced. Its sad the $ saved on water by using a
front loader never sees and real savings because service and parts are
so costly..........

this told to me by a local appliance repair technician
Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Consumer Reports says a washer that old is not worth fixing because half the
repairs turn out crappy. Don't risk money into it.

Which Washing Machine ?? Tim.. UK diy 42 August 25th 06 06:46 PM
Maytag Neptune Washing Machine Stephanie Home Ownership 1 January 15th 06 08:15 PM
washing machine dry well Joe Home Repair 4 September 19th 05 06:07 PM
maytag neptune washing machine manual for MAH3000AWW badaddidude Electronics Repair 1 April 28th 04 04:57 PM
Washing machine not washing Carl Home Repair 2 March 6th 04 05:32 PM