Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Automatic foundation vents not closing when it is cold

Is there a way to adjust these coils? Or are they replaceable? My
HVAC guys says that are all sub-standard and that I should replace
with manual ones. I am having a problem finding a manual one that
looks as nice as these do. So now I wonder if I can adjust the coil.
Worst case, I can put plastic over them during the winder months.
Thing is, we are in NC and it cold then some days is 60 again. That
is why I think the automatic vents would be nice (if they worked).

Thank you,
Todd

Automatic Garage Door Opening/Closing Problems GG.and.UN. Home Repair 11 March 5th 07 02:56 PM
Foundation Vents 1982crew Home Repair 2 June 5th 06 12:36 PM
Automatic Foundation Vents [email protected] Home Ownership 0 April 22nd 06 04:50 AM
Cold air blowing outta cold air return vents when blower's not running [email protected] Home Ownership 2 December 19th 05 12:33 PM
Foundation vents David Dixon Home Repair 2 September 15th 05 03:34 PM