Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Total height of kitchen counter with 1 1/4" granite

I am getting cabinets delivered next week and was doing some measuring
and realized the granite we are getting is 1 1/4". My question is does
this mean my total kitchen counter height will be 35 3/4", or do the
granite installers use some kind of adhesive that takes it up to 36"?
I am putting in my wall cabinets first and I want to screw in a cleat
so the cabinets can rest on, but not sure if I should measure 53 3/4"
or 54" above finished floor.
Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Nov 25, 6:49 am, Mikepier wrote:
I am getting cabinets delivered next week and was doing some measuring
and realized the granite we are getting is 1 1/4". My question is does
this mean my total kitchen counter height will be 35 3/4", or do the
granite installers use some kind of adhesive that takes it up to 36"?
I am putting in my wall cabinets first and I want to screw in a cleat
so the cabinets can rest on, but not sure if I should measure 53 3/4"
or 54" above finished floor.

Do you have backsplash if so same as last cabinets unless over stove
and bottom of cabinet to stove top 30 inches even with no backsplash
you can go same hieght as last.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 25, 7:49 am, Mikepier wrote:
I am getting cabinets delivered next week and was doing some measuring
and realized the granite we are getting is 1 1/4". My question is does
this mean my total kitchen counter height will be 35 3/4", or do the
granite installers use some kind of adhesive that takes it up to 36"?
I am putting in my wall cabinets first and I want to screw in a cleat
so the cabinets can rest on, but not sure if I should measure 53 3/4"
or 54" above finished floor.

It doesn't matter unless you have something that requires an exact
measurement between counter top and underside of the wall cabinet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi friends,
I´m searching a red granite named "Horse Rock". I found it on
http://granitsuche.de/granit-arten.html
The problem is, that nobody knows this granite :-(
I need an international trade-name.

Who can help me ?

Moni from Germany