Posted to alt.home.repair
cm cm is offline

Default concrete counter tops

We are going to attempt concrete counter tops in our home. I am going to
start with our fireplace hearth and then a vanity top before I move onto the
kitchen. Do you guys have any favorite websites or books that you have
gathered how to info from?

Thanks,

cm

www.vintagetrailersforsale.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"CM" wrote in message
We are going to attempt concrete counter tops in our home. I am going to
start with our fireplace hearth and then a vanity top before I move onto
the kitchen. Do you guys have any favorite websites or books that you have
gathered how to info from?

Thanks,

cm

www.vintagetrailersforsale.com

the bible:

http://www.amazon.com/Concrete-Count...60939&sr= 8-1

i got it out of my library and followed it to make some for my outdoor bar:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14208415@N06/2052872170/

it came out great. don't be afraid to do something special or different. i
embedded glass and polished stones of different types in the tops and edges,
used glass chunks as the concrete aggregate, and did curved edges too.

you'll need a diamond polisher. i got a variable speed alpha unit from
http://www.defusco.com/ as they had the cheapest price on one. sell it on
ebay if you're not going to need it again. do this in the summer and wear
swim trunks; it's incredibly wet and noisy.

regards,
charlie
cave creek, az
http://glassartists.org/chaniarts

Posted to alt.home.repair

"charlie" wrote in message

"CM" wrote in message
[...]

oh, and DON'T buy the concrete colors or hole fillers from the writers of
the book. they are really expensive, and are really just non-sanded grout
which you can get at home depot or a concrete place much cheaper.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Here's a YouTube.com search:
http://youtube.com/results?search_qu...te+countertops

"CM" wrote in message
We are going to attempt concrete counter tops in our home. I am going to
start with our fireplace hearth and then a vanity top before I move onto
the kitchen. Do you guys have any favorite websites or books that you have
gathered how to info from?

Thanks,

cm

www.vintagetrailersforsale.com

Outlets in Counter Tops John F. Home Repair 3 August 21st 06 08:14 PM
outdoor counter tops JB Woodworking 11 May 28th 05 03:46 AM
granite counter tops -linux_lad Home Repair 5 March 30th 05 10:37 PM
Kitchen counter tops ttnkitty Home Repair 0 February 20th 05 09:26 AM
Formica counter tops Edward Grant Home Repair 2 October 6th 04 03:40 PM