Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawnmower Problem ?

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone might have any thoughts on this:

Typical self propelled Toro Lawnmower.
About 4 years old.

New plug and air filter about 4 months ago.

Always something new I guess.

Starts right up; no problem.

But engine stops as soon as I try to move it, or do anything with it.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
B.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 06:48:07 -0400, Bob wrote:

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone might have any thoughts on this:

Typical self propelled Toro Lawnmower.
About 4 years old.

New plug and air filter about 4 months ago.

Always something new I guess.

Starts right up; no problem.

But engine stops as soon as I try to move it, or do anything with it.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
B.

Remove the air filter to see if the engine stays running. If so, you
may have an air/fuel mixture problem on the carb. Two cents.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/30/17 6:48 AM, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone might have any thoughts on this:

Typical self propelled Toro Lawnmower.
About 4 years old.

New plug and air filter about 4 months ago.

Always something new I guess.

Starts right up; no problem.

But engine stops as soon as I try to move it, or do anything with it.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
B.

Assuming fresh gas, the gas cap vent isn't plugged and the gas line
valve is fully open:

Will it keep idling if you don't touch it? What happens if you speed up
the engine manually?

--
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
government take care of him better take a closer look at the American
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 6:48:11 AM UTC-4, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone might have any thoughts on this:

Typical self propelled Toro Lawnmower.
About 4 years old.

New plug and air filter about 4 months ago.

Always something new I guess.

Starts right up; no problem.

But engine stops as soon as I try to move it, or do anything with it.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
B.

some kind of safety switch issue?

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Bob, Iggy wrote:
I'd take a look, stab and a blow at your Fuel Cup's Jet Bolt, the round thing
under the carburetor that has a big bolt (the Jet Bolt) in the center. This is
exactly how a partially clogged Jet Bolt's jet "performs"...a particle from
the fuel tank got in.
-
Just remove the Jet Bolt and the Fuel Cup to clean both. Many times you can
just blow the Jet clear, you'll hear a pop as it shoots out and suddenly be
able to blow through easily. Or, you can stab it from both ends and loosen the
debris, to then blow it clear.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...m-1139598-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Bob, Iggy wrote:
It sounds like your Fuel Cup Jet is partially clogged. Find that little round
bowl under the carburetor and remove its center bolt, that bolt's the Fuel Cup
Jet. Many times you can just blow the blockage out and other times you'll need
to ream the 2 holes with a pin or fine wire and then blow it clear (you'll
hear the blockage shoot out). Also, clean out the Fuel Cup as well. Yes,
there's a filter in the gas tank, but it doesn't catch everything and emptying
and flushing the gas tank may not ensure avoiding the problem in the future.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...m-1139598-.htm