Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cracked Sink Drain Pipe

The cast Iron pipe going from my kitchen sink to the main sewer line
in my basement is cracked. The crack is near a cleanout fitting.
What's the best way to repair this?
Posted to alt.home.repair

M wrote:
The cast Iron pipe going from my kitchen sink to the main sewer line
in my basement is cracked. The crack is near a cleanout fitting.
What's the best way to repair this?

If you can saw/cut the pipe, leaving some solid remnant:
http://www.fernco.com/1056.asp

If you have to remove the entire length all the
way into the next hub:
http://www.fernco.com/Donut.asp

It may be possible to remove the cleanout cover
and then install a threaded adapter, but the
angle may be wrong, etc.

Ji m
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for that info. I give it a try.

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 20:42:55 -0400, Speedy Jim wrote:

M wrote:
The cast Iron pipe going from my kitchen sink to the main sewer line
in my basement is cracked. The crack is near a cleanout fitting.
What's the best way to repair this?

If you can saw/cut the pipe, leaving some solid remnant:
http://www.fernco.com/1056.asp

If you have to remove the entire length all the
way into the next hub:
http://www.fernco.com/Donut.asp

It may be possible to remove the cleanout cover
and then install a threaded adapter, but the
angle may be wrong, etc.

Ji m

Shower Drain Strainer Won't Fit, Part II -- How to Remove a SmallLength of a Drain Pipe? mtco Home Repair 3 February 7th 07 04:45 AM
Will dishwasher drain if sink doesn't drain and garbage disposal is rusted in place. mm Home Repair 2 August 20th 06 03:08 AM
Disguising a cracked sink Anna UK diy 6 August 6th 06 11:33 AM
Connecting sink drain to WC soil pipe Joe Kelleher UK diy 2 July 28th 06 10:55 PM
convert sink drain to washing machine drain? shawn Home Repair 2 May 28th 06 10:40 PM