Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Karcher pressure washer nozzle problem

Hi,

I just bought a Karcher G 3050 OH pressure washer only to find that
the quick-connect nozzles don't "click" into place as described in the
manual. Pulling the locking shield back the nozzle goes into place but
the shield does not seem to return past the ball bearings such that it
holds the nozzle in securely. It only takes a small tug to pull the
nozzle out again.

Anyone else that has a Karcher able to tell me if this is by design or
if there is some issue I'm having possibly with wrongly packaged
nozzles or some sort of defect? Does your quick connect nozzle lock
into place such that it cannot be removed without pulling back the
shield? I've just now discovered after purchase that Karcher support
is limited to a searchable online FAQ and a feedback post..no phone
numbers that I can see.

Thanks

Scott

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:27:27 -0700, Corvus13
wrote:

[...]

It's not by design. The quick connects may need to be lubed. Spray a
little light oil into them and they should connect easier.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Thanks much for the replies. Simultaneously pressing down on the
nozzle and up on the shield while twisting apparently seats the nozzle
properly. I will try some lubrication to see if it will seat a bit
more in line with the instructions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Corvus13" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

My quick disconnect doesn't work too well on the Karcher either. Had to play
with it until it locks in. Like tnom said a little lube should help. Other
than the engine or compressor, I found Karcher parts are only warranted for
something like 30 days so you need to resolve this fast. Mine had a big two
year warranty printed on the box but I didn't read the fine print for all
the exceptions in the manual after purchased.