Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Caulk on Brick

Hello...

Is there any way to get old caulk off of brick?

Thanks much for any thoughts..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 11:09 am, "David DeBoer" wrote:
Hello...

Is there any way to get old caulk off of brick?

Thanks much for any thoughts..

You can try heating it with a torch, not too much, just enough to
soften it. Then take it off with a wire brush.

Posted to alt.home.repair

David DeBoer wrote:

Hello...

Is there any way to get old caulk off of brick?

Thanks much for any thoughts..

How extensive? All around windows/doors, or a splatter here and there?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 11:09 am, "David DeBoer" wrote:
Hello...

Is there any way to get old caulk off of brick?

Thanks much for any thoughts..

A pressure washer with a turbo nozzle should do it

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Norminn" wrote in message

David DeBoer wrote:

Hello...

Is there any way to get old caulk off of brick?

Thanks much for any thoughts..

How extensive? All around windows/doors, or a splatter here and there?

The thicker portions may pull of like a length of rope. I dealt with
the problem around wood windows with limestone siding. I didn't
contemplate trying to remove it from the limestone, as it was too rough,
irregular and tough work. I cut back as well as I could and put new
caulk and paint out to edge of the old to clean up appearance-wise. If
the brick is smoothe enough, it might turn out well enough if you cut
back, with sharp scraper or razor, to level it out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:09:45 GMT, "David DeBoer"
wrote:

Is there any way to get old caulk off of brick?

DAP® CAULK-BE-GONE® Caulk Remover . *

I've used it in around bathrooms. Apply and allow to set (not as long
directions say) and remove.

http://www.dap.com/media/product_pho...ulkBeGone.aspx

--
Oren

"I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."