DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Extension poles for house washing (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/217023-extension-poles-house-washing.html)

Phisherman October 10th 07 01:53 AM

Extension poles for house washing

I have vinyl siding and a 3-story house. Algae and dirt needs to be
removed (a bleach/detergent mix works fine). What kind of extension
pole (about 20 feet) could be used?

Jim Elbrecht October 10th 07 02:33 AM

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 23:53:47 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

I have vinyl siding and a 3-story house. Algae and dirt needs to be
removed (a bleach/detergent mix works fine). What kind of extension
pole (about 20 feet) could be used?

I clean my gutters with a pool rake/vacuum pole and a shop vac blower.
It isn't elegant, but it is light and long. [more like 15', I think,
but I add 6' at the bottom, and the vac attachment adds a foot or two
to the top.]

They are about $20-30 at a pool supply.

Jim

Charlie Bress October 10th 07 07:58 PM

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I have vinyl siding and a 3-story house. Algae and dirt needs to be
removed (a bleach/detergent mix works fine). What kind of extension
pole (about 20 feet) could be used?

If you have a Karcher pressure cleaner, there is a multisection extension
available. Check Google for sources. I got one a couple of years ago for
about $50.

Charlie

Gini October 11th 07 12:34 AM

Extension poles for house washing

"Phisherman" wrote
I have vinyl siding and a 3-story house. Algae and dirt needs to be
removed (a bleach/detergent mix works fine). What kind of extension
pole (about 20 feet) could be used?

==
Check for a swimming pool telescoping extension pole. I have
a 33 ft pool and mine reaches almost the length. You can get extra
extensions and brush heads for them. Here's
an example:

http://www.intheswim.com/shopping/pr...x?productid=71