Posted to alt.home.repair

Default platform rocker repair

We can't find a spring and bearing assembly for our 1960s platform rocker.
Any ideas?
I did a search on google but was not successful.
Thanks, Jackie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8 Oct, 15:21, "J. Davidson" wrote:
We can't find a spring and bearing assembly for our 1960s platform rocker.
Any ideas?
I did a search on google but was not successful.
Thanks, Jackie

Try a few Goodwill/Salvation Army type stores. Many manufacturers used
the same type of mechanisms so you might find some matching parts
hidden under one of the chairs there. I have...twice...until I
replaced the chair with something more modern.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 14:21:49 -0500, "J. Davidson"
wrote:

We can't find a spring and bearing assembly for our 1960s platform rocker.
Any ideas?
I did a search on google but was not successful.

I searched for "platform rocker springs" and got 53 hits- Amazon, Ebay
& a few hardware stores. What isn't right about those springs? [I
looked at a few and they all seem similar]

Jim

PAY - Nanny Rocker J T Woodworking 0 November 11th 05 05:26 AM
Rocker switch help please Elzo Jenkins Electronics 1 June 17th 05 05:48 PM
Rocker dovetail jig Jerry Woodworking 6 March 16th 05 09:20 PM
rocker switch Choreboy Electronics Repair 6 February 25th 05 10:37 PM
Dory Rocker. Bob Nerup Woodworking 1 October 21st 04 05:23 PM