Ceiling Fan wall remote with 3 way switch?

Old September 27th 07, 12:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair
TH

Default Ceiling Fan wall remote with 3 way switch?

I just installed a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan and wanted to install an in
wall remote. Problem is that HD doesn't sell any 3 way versions of
this. Does anybody know of a manufacturer that sells an in Wall remote
3 way switch that would work with the Hampton Bay ceiling Fan?

Old September 27th 07, 02:28 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"TH" wrote in message
ps.com...
I just installed a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan and wanted to install an in
wall remote. Problem is that HD doesn't sell any 3 way versions of
this. Does anybody know of a manufacturer that sells an in Wall remote
3 way switch that would work with the Hampton Bay ceiling Fan?

If it is in the wall how can it be a remote?

Old September 27th 07, 03:40 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"TH" wrote in message
ps.com...
I just installed a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan and wanted to install an in
wall remote. Problem is that HD doesn't sell any 3 way versions of
this. Does anybody know of a manufacturer that sells an in Wall remote
3 way switch that would work with the Hampton Bay ceiling Fan?

If it is in the wall how can it be a remote?

It has the wireless controls combined with the wall switch to turn on/off
power to the fan.
They sell them, not just in the double pole variety.

Old September 27th 07, 06:22 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"TH" wrote in message
ps.com...
I just installed a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan and wanted to install an in
wall remote. Problem is that HD doesn't sell any 3 way versions of
this. Does anybody know of a manufacturer that sells an in Wall remote
3 way switch that would work with the Hampton Bay ceiling Fan?

If it is in the wall how can it be a remote?

Casablanca has that sort of control in a wall mount version. Lots of
features, but just two wires to the fan.

Old September 28th 07, 12:15 AM posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

I think I know the fan you're talking about. Why not just get another remote
and set the dip switches the same as the first one

"ToMh" wrote in message

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

ps.com...

Old September 28th 07, 03:28 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"TH" wrote in message
ps.com...
I just installed a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan and wanted to install an in
wall remote. Problem is that HD doesn't sell any 3 way versions of
this. Does anybody know of a manufacturer that sells an in Wall remote
3 way switch that would work with the Hampton Bay ceiling Fan?

If it is in the wall how can it be a remote?

Casablanca has that sort of control in a wall mount version. Lots of
features, but just two wires to the fan.

Casablanca does, but won't work with the HB fan

I was pretending to be a stockholder in the company, and planting an idea in
a potential customer's head. :-)

Old June 8th 08, 07:54 AM posted to alt.home.repair

kman22 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ch-253559-.htm
:
did you ever find an answer to this? I just installed this same fan but
the swtich I am installing it to is a double switch wall mount and the
wall swtich that comes with it is just a single. Where can I find a
solution to mount this HB switch into a double switch wall mount?