Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are walk in showers draughty-your experiences pls??!

We are planning a walk in shower but have heard that because it is not
an enlcosed area, it can be draughty and not nice n cosy. Can you tell
me of your experiences pls?!

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 14 Sep, 13:09, Rebecca wrote:
We are planning a walk in shower but have heard that because it is not
an enlcosed area, it can be draughty and not nice n cosy. Can you tell
me of your experiences pls?!

Thanks

I guess that would depend on the layout and draughty-ness of the room.
If you've got a draughty bathroom, then any shower that is not
shielded from the draught will, by default, be draughty.

You want it nice n cosy? Shower with a friend.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Rebecca" wrote in message
oups.com...
We are planning a walk in shower but have heard that because it is not
an enlcosed area, it can be draughty and not nice n cosy. Can you tell
me of your experiences pls?!

Thanks

that is true. if there's no way to keep the increased humidity and warmth
from the water, it will take a long time to make the shower area warm unless
you go for things like a heated floor and hot air blowers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rebecca wrote:
We are planning a walk in shower but have heard that because it is
not an enlcosed area, it can be draughty and not nice n cosy. Can
you tell me of your experiences pls?!

Drafty? No. Not cosy? Depends on how big it is. One thing sure -
you don't have to clean a door. It doesn't get all steamed up either.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rebecca wrote:
We are planning a walk in shower but have heard that because it is not
an enlcosed area, it can be draughty and not nice n cosy. Can you tell
me of your experiences pls?!

Thanks

We have a walk-in shower which isn't drafty at all. I once had a tub
shower that was horribly drafty, but it drew air from under the door to
the bathroom. Our shower curtain rod is only about 6" from top of
opening, so there isn't much room for air to circulate into the shower.
Now, I should mention I live in Florida and room air here is rarely
below 75, normally closer to 80. Depends a bit how the room is arranged
and when air warms in the shower, air temp in adjoining room, where does
it pull from and is there room for a lot of circulation.