Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace Chamber Leaking Water

In 2002 I bought a Rheem 90 furnace, humidifier and electronic air filter.
The furnace has done a great job and reduced my heating costs, but since
I've owned it water leaks from the top chamber into the bottom chamber and
drips to the outside. I was told that I should regularly disconnect the pcv
pipe that leads from the top chamber to my drain and blow out the dirt that
collects and clogs the trap on this pipe and this indeed does eliminate the
problem for a couple of days. I recently called the installer again to see
if there is a better way to eliminate this problem and he says not.
Suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Even Stephen" wrote in message
In 2002 I bought a Rheem 90 furnace, humidifier and electronic air filter.
The furnace has done a great job and reduced my heating costs, but since
I've owned it water leaks from the top chamber into the bottom chamber and
drips to the outside. I was told that I should regularly disconnect the

pcv
pipe that leads from the top chamber to my drain and blow out the dirt

that
collects and clogs the trap on this pipe and this indeed does eliminate

the
problem for a couple of days. I recently called the installer again to

see
if there is a better way to eliminate this problem and he says not.
Suggestions?

Call a competent HVAC company.