Posted to alt.home.repair

Default High pressure sodium wall timer

On the front of my house I have 2-60 watt high pressure sodium
fixtures hard wired to an intermatic SS8 digital timer.. I don't need
any fancy programming just 1 off/on each day. Is there a less
perplexing timer I can buy. Every time I try to change the setting it
just completely aggravates me.
Thanks, Richard.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Tork 701A is an electromechanical in wall timer that's easy to use, very
durable and dependable, but does require a neutral to operate

wrote in message
oups.com...
On the front of my house I have 2-60 watt high pressure sodium
fixtures hard wired to an intermatic SS8 digital timer.. I don't need
any fancy programming just 1 off/on each day. Is there a less
perplexing timer I can buy. Every time I try to change the setting it
just completely aggravates me.
Thanks, Richard.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 5, 10:40 pm, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
Tork 701A is an electromechanical in wall timer that's easy to use, very
durable and dependable, but does require a neutral to operate

wrote in message

oups.com...

On the front of my house I have 2-60 watt high pressure sodium
fixtures hard wired to an intermatic SS8 digital timer.. I don't need
any fancy programming just 1 off/on each day. Is there a less
perplexing timer I can buy. Every time I try to change the setting it
just completely aggravates me.
Thanks, Richard.

I just ordered two of them. One for the front and one for the back of
my house. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
Richard

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 6, 3:08 pm, Bennett Price wrote:
Have you considered a screw-in photo-sensitive switch? Automatically
adjusts for changing length of days.

wrote:
On the front of my house I have 2-60 watt high pressure sodium
fixtures hard wired to an intermatic SS8 digital timer.. I don't need
any fancy programming just 1 off/on each day. Is there a less
perplexing timer I can buy. Every time I try to change the setting it
just completely aggravates me.
Thanks, Richard.

I didn't want to keep them on all night. Besides, I am not sure if
there is room in the fixture to add the switch.
Richard