Power washer with Honda engine won't start.

Old September 4th 07, 09:30 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power washer with Honda engine won't start.

I have a Honda power washer that I am using to prepare my home for
painting. This weekend I was using it quite a bit without problem. I
accidentally let the engine run out of gas the it stopped. I refilled
the tank with gas and tried to start it but it wouldn't do anything.
I thought the problem was that the fuel lines didn't have any gas in
them so it had nothing to ignite so I went and bought some ether spray
and sprayed it into the air intake. After doing this two times the
engine started up like it should and I thought the problem was
solved. However after using it for about a half an hour I turned it
off to take my son inside, when I returned it wouldn't start again.
Since then even the Ether spray hasn't helped. I checked the spark
plug and that looks fine. The wierd thing is that the pull start is
all of a sudden really hard to pull. When it was working fine it
pulled rather easily, but now it is almost as if the engine is locked
up.

I really have no experience with engine's what-so-ever so I am not
quite sure what to do. One of my friends that worked on the grounds
crew at a golf course suggested the ether spray and my neighbor
checked the spark plug and said it looked good.

Any ideas of things to try?

Old September 5th 07, 02:47 PM posted to alt.home.repair

I have a honda pressure washer, second one, the first one I got, right out
of box, did just like your's, after 1/2 hour of running it was hard to pull,
wouldn't start, I checked oil before and after, before I ran it, nice and
new and clean, after it was silver, something got eaten up in there, took it
back, they gave me a new one, it's run about 10 times now with no problem.

oups.com...

Old September 23rd 07, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 6, 12:16 pm, wrote:
Trash it and get an electric one instead. Duh.

Okay so this shows how much I don't know about Power Washers. I took
the thing to a local lawn and garden shop and had their service person
take a look at it. He checked out a few things for about 30 seconds,
pulled the pull start once and viola it started to problem. Turns out
that you can only start those things if you hold the trigger and
release the pressure that is built up in the engine. He said never to
start it without the trigger being held down. So after feeling like a
complete idiot I took his advice and the thing has been working great
ever sense.

Old July 3rd 13, 06:46 AM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to TheRegit, MEWICKER wrote:
dhcbsmith wrote:

Okay so this shows how much I don't know about Power Washers. I took
the thing to a local lawn and garden shop and had their service person
take a look at it. He checked out a few things for about 30 seconds,
pulled the pull start once and viola it started to problem. Turns out
that you can only start those things if you hold the trigger and
release the pressure that is built up in the engine. He said never to
start it without the trigger being held down. So after feeling like a
complete idiot I took his advice and the thing has been working great
ever sense.

Perfect! This problem has been happening to us for years, and we knew if
we let the thing sit, it would eventually start. Many thanks.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...rt-247263-.htm

Old July 3rd 13, 01:49 PM posted to alt.home.repair

dhcbsmith wrote:

Okay so this shows how much I don't know about Power Washers. I took
the thing to a local lawn and garden shop and had their service person
take a look at it. He checked out a few things for about 30 seconds,
pulled the pull start once and viola it started to problem. Turns out
that you can only start those things if you hold the trigger and
release the pressure that is built up in the engine. He said never to
start it without the trigger being held down. So after feeling like a
complete idiot I took his advice and the thing has been working great
ever sense.

Perfect! This problem has been happening to us for years, and we knew if
we let the thing sit, it would eventually start. Many thanks.

Hi,
Wondering nothing mentioned in the owner's manual?
Old July 3rd 13, 01:56 PM posted to alt.home.repair

dhcbsmith wrote:

Okay so this shows how much I don't know about Power Washers. I took

the thing to a local lawn and garden shop and had their service person

take a look at it. He checked out a few things for about 30 seconds,

pulled the pull start once and viola it started to problem. Turns out

that you can only start those things if you hold the trigger and

release the pressure that is built up in the engine. He said never to

start it without the trigger being held down. So after feeling like a

complete idiot I took his advice and the thing has been working great

ever sense.

Perfect! This problem has been happening to us for years, and we knew if

we let the thing sit, it would eventually start. Many thanks.

I have an electric one that will sometimes trip the breaker
if I try to start it without the spray trigger valve open.
I've gotten used to starting it that way. Guess the same
principle applies to gas.

Old July 3rd 13, 02:45 PM posted to alt.home.repair

MEWICKER wrote:

(...)

I'm not seeing the original (first) post by dhcbsmith.

When was it posted?

posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com...

Why can't you people use a real newsreader/news-server?
Old July 3rd 13, 03:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Parasites, trying to make it look like they have
readers and subscribers?
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus