Dewalt planer problem

Old September 3rd 07, 03:41 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dewalt planer problem

When surfacing some 2x6 redwood planks, the Dewalt planer makes a clunking
nose with the cutting head hesitated and jumped up a little in a cyclical
fashion about every couple of seconds. This results in lines across the
grain about every 4 inches apart that corresponded to the clunking sound.

I've checked the cutting head and it runs smooth without load. I also
removed the blades and tested the rollers under load and it runs smooth as
well. The external roller chain drive seems to be ok too. The blade lock for
changing blades is not jammed with the cutting head rotated freely by hand.
Belt for cutting head looks ok too. Motor brushes are in good condition.
Replaced old blades with new, same problem.

I'm running out of things to check other taking the cutting head apart.
Broken gear in the cutting head? Anyone has a similar problem? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Old September 3rd 07, 11:12 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 19:41:10 -0700, "** Frank **"
wrote:

[...]

Try asking in rec.woodworking

Old September 3rd 07, 03:36 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

And specify which model of planer.

--
Regards,

Old September 3rd 07, 06:08 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

DW733

--
Regards,

Dewalt planer problem ** Frank ** Woodworking 3 September 3rd 07 11:33 PM
DeWalt DW 735 Planer James Woodworking 2 January 12th 07 03:01 PM
DeWalt Planer Ellestad Woodworking 12 September 6th 06 06:39 PM
The New DeWalt Planer Eddie Munster Woodworking 0 October 12th 03 10:19 AM
FYI Dewalt 733 Planer TAP Woodworking 1 September 2nd 03 05:20 PM