Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pool light bulb any different than regular light bulb?

I have a Sta-Rite Sunlite pool light in my pool. It's one of the newer versions
with a 250W 120V halogen bulb inside the fixture, mini-can base and T-4 shape.
The replacement bulb is $25 from a pool supply store, but I see the same size
(250W 120V T-4 mini-can) bulbs advertised from other online sellers (even on
Ebay) for as little as $7.

Is there anything special about the bulb sold by the pool supply stores, or
is it the same bulb as I can get for $7? The bulb I took out of it was the one
the fixture came with and it says "0250CL/MC", "130V", "GE", and "KOREA"
stamped into the metal base.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

I think the difference is $18 Do get a lamp rated for 130 volt as it will
burn cooler and last longer than the 120V

"Pond Scum" wrote in message

I have a Sta-Rite Sunlite pool light in my pool. It's one of the newer
versions
with a 250W 120V halogen bulb inside the fixture, mini-can base and T-4
shape.
The replacement bulb is $25 from a pool supply store, but I see the same
size
(250W 120V T-4 mini-can) bulbs advertised from other online sellers (even
on
Ebay) for as little as $7.

Is there anything special about the bulb sold by the pool supply stores,
or
is it the same bulb as I can get for $7? The bulb I took out of it was
the one
the fixture came with and it says "0250CL/MC", "130V", "GE", and "KOREA"
stamped into the metal base.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Replace underwater pool light bulb- Safe ? parangles Home Repair 10 October 22nd 06 08:24 PM
Light Bulb Phil UK diy 18 March 27th 05 06:50 PM
Bug Light Bulb---any bulb for outside use that are not yellow? Patty Amas Home Ownership 5 November 3rd 04 10:23 PM
O-T light bulb Fuddzy Woodworking 2 January 15th 04 05:43 PM
Light Bulb Stormin Mormonn Home Repair 19 December 10th 03 04:28 AM