Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Sits At Bottom of Dishwasher

We recently got rid of our old dishwasher because the water was not
draining at the end, but sitting at the bottom of the dishwasher. So
we bought a new one and it's doing the same thing. What can the
problem be? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/30/2007 1:27 PM Tbone said the following:
We recently got rid of our old dishwasher because the water was not
draining at the end, but sitting at the bottom of the dishwasher. So
we bought a new one and it's doing the same thing. What can the
problem be? Thanks.

Too bad you didn't ask before you replaced the old dishwasher. They
always have water in the bottom to keep the seals lubricated, so they
don't dry out.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , willshak wrote:
on 8/30/2007 1:27 PM Tbone said the following:
We recently got rid of our old dishwasher because the water was not
draining at the end, but sitting at the bottom of the dishwasher. So
we bought a new one and it's doing the same thing. What can the
problem be? Thanks.

Too bad you didn't ask before you replaced the old dishwasher. They
always have water in the bottom to keep the seals lubricated, so they
don't dry out.

Snort!

The only time my dishwasher ever has water sitting in the bottom, is when
there's a clog in the kitchen drain.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/30/2007 3:15 PM Meat Plow said the following:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:00:49 -0400, willshak wrote:

on 8/30/2007 1:27 PM Tbone said the following:

We recently got rid of our old dishwasher because the water was not
draining at the end, but sitting at the bottom of the dishwasher. So
we bought a new one and it's doing the same thing. What can the
problem be? Thanks.

Too bad you didn't ask before you replaced the old dishwasher. They
always have water in the bottom to keep the seals lubricated, so they
don't dry out.

Maybe some thing's wrong with my dishwasher because it is dry when
finished?

Some have water above the drain cover, others don't.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 30, 6:22 pm, "Charles" wrote:
"Tbone" wrote in message

ups.com...

We recently got rid of our old dishwasher because the water was not
draining at the end, but sitting at the bottom of the dishwasher. So
we bought a new one and it's doing the same thing. What can the
problem be? Thanks.

Clogged drain?

When I say water at the bottom of the dishwasher, I mean the entire
bottom is filled with water to the point where it's almost overflowing
onto the floor. The drain hose is tapped into the sink but the sink
drains fine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tbone" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 30, 6:22 pm, "Charles" wrote:
"Tbone" wrote in message

ups.com...

We recently got rid of our old dishwasher because the water was not
draining at the end, but sitting at the bottom of the dishwasher. So
we bought a new one and it's doing the same thing. What can the
problem be? Thanks.

Clogged drain?

When I say water at the bottom of the dishwasher, I mean the entire
bottom is filled with water to the point where it's almost overflowing
onto the floor. The drain hose is tapped into the sink but the sink
drains fine.

I had a problem like that when a piece of plastic clogged the drain. I
suppose where there is one piece there could be two. Have you taken it
apart and checked?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

On Aug 30, 11:44?pm, BZ wrote:
Tbone wrote:
We recently got rid of our old dishwasher because the water was not
draining at the end, but sitting at the bottom of the dishwasher. So
we bought a new one and it's doing the same thing. What can the
problem be? Thanks.

Are you able to check the drain hose for clogs?

Yeah, sounds like the OP has a clog. My bro, who installs these
things, recently explained to me that dishwashers were originally (ie
decades ago) installed with their own trap under floor allowing
complete draining and better drying. Some still are- and it is a
better setup. More expensive, obviously.