Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dual fuel thermostat recom.

I have an Amana heat pump with propane back-up. I need to know if there is a
programmable thermostat that will allow the set point to only increase in 2
degree increments in heat mode.I have it set in winter at 65 wake 55 sleep
which I now do manually 2 degrees at a time thank s

Posted to alt.home.repair

What I assume you are trying to do is prevent the aux.(furnace) from
kickinig on when the stat is raising the temp from 55 to 65. Your best
bet would be to install an outdoor thermostat so the furnace will not
kick on at all when the OD temp is above the balance point of the heat
pump, except when the HP goes into defrost. Another alternative would be
to install a little toggle switch in the W2 line from the thermostat and
control it manually.

dual fuel heat pump and gen. Gary Home Repair 13 February 2nd 07 12:57 AM
Ground wire for dual fuel kitchen stove Steve Lambert Home Repair 8 October 27th 06 02:49 PM
Dual Fuel Costs - Does this sound a lot to you? Steve Walker UK diy 2 June 19th 06 09:52 PM
dual fuel Jim Murphy Home Repair 4 January 22nd 06 05:46 PM
dual fuel heat pump Gary Home Repair 2 October 25th 05 06:01 PM