Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dome Flushmount Light

The light in my bathroom went out but I can't figure out how to remove
the dome to get to the bulbs.I looked up the light fixture and it's
called a Dome Flushmount Light,their are no visible screws so I'm
completely stumped.Here is what the light fixture looks like.
http://images.lowes.com/product/736916/736916193375.jpg
Help please.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in
ups.com:

The light in my bathroom went out but I can't figure out how to remove
the dome to get to the bulbs.I looked up the light fixture and it's
called a Dome Flushmount Light,their are no visible screws so I'm
completely stumped.Here is what the light fixture looks like.
http://images.lowes.com/product/736916/736916193375.jpg
Help please.

The photo has visible screw holes...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 17, 12:21 pm, "kpg*" wrote:
" wrote roups.com:

The light in my bathroom went out but I can't figure out how to remove
the dome to get to the bulbs.I looked up the light fixture and it's
called a Dome Flushmount Light,their are no visible screws so I'm
completely stumped.Here is what the light fixture looks like.
http://images.lowes.com/product/736916/736916193375.jpg
Help please.

The photo has visible screw holes...

There are no screw holes on mine,I didn't see them on the one in the
photo either.I found a picture of another one,if it helps.
http://images.lowes.com/product/736916/736916577021.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in
oups.com:

http://images.lowes.com/product/736916/736916577021.jpg

The entire globe must screw off then.

Posted to alt.home.repair
DT DT is offline

In article . com,
says...

The light in my bathroom went out but I can't figure out how to remove
the dome to get to the bulbs.I looked up the light fixture and it's
called a Dome Flushmount Light,their are no visible screws so I'm
completely stumped.Here is what the light fixture looks like.
http://images.lowes.com/product/736916/736916193375.jpg
Help please.

Well, you could open a boxed one and read the instructions :-) I have much
different ones on my porch, but the glass removes by pushing it in slightly and
turning it, then it drops down.

--
Dennis

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 17, 12:36 pm, "kpg*" wrote:
" wrote groups.com:

http://images.lowes.com/product/736916/736916577021.jpg

The entire globe must screw off then.

That's what I thought but when I try to unscrew it,I'll get it about
half way and it starts to make a sound like I'm twisting wires.I
should not be this difficult to change a light bulb.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
The light in my bathroom went out but I can't figure out how to remove
the dome to get to the bulbs.I looked up the light fixture and it's
called a Dome Flushmount Light,their are no visible screws so I'm
completely stumped.Here is what the light fixture looks like.
http://images.lowes.com/product/736916/736916193375.jpg
Help please.

Try rotating the glass counter-clockwise. It could be fully threaded, but I
am thinking that there are just some slots in the glass and it is rotated
clockwise to lock into place.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 17, 12:44 pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

The light in my bathroom went out but I can't figure out how to remove
the dome to get to the bulbs.I looked up the light fixture and it's
called a Dome Flushmount Light,their are no visible screws so I'm
completely stumped.Here is what the light fixture looks like.
http://images.lowes.com/product/736916/736916193375.jpg
Help please.

Try rotating the glass counter-clockwise. It could be fully threaded, but I
am thinking that there are just some slots in the glass and it is rotated
clockwise to lock into place.

Just tried but it didn't work,guess it's time to call a professional.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just tried but it didn't work,guess it's time to call a professional.

I like DT's suggestion - got to lowes and open the box.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/17/2007 4:40 PM said the following:
On Aug 17, 12:36 pm, "kpg*" wrote:

" wrote groups.com:

http://images.lowes.com/product/736916/736916577021.jpg

The entire globe must screw off then.

That's what I thought but when I try to unscrew it,I'll get it about
half way and it starts to make a sound like I'm twisting wires.I
should not be this difficult to change a light bulb.

Just the lens should turn, not the whole fixture.
How many alt.home.repair members does it take to replace a bulb?
All of them. :-)

This may be a job for two people.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote groups.com:

http://images.lowes.com/product/736916/736916577021.jpg

The entire globe must screw off then.

That's what I thought but when I try to unscrew it,I'll get it about
half way and it starts to make a sound like I'm twisting wires.I
should not be this difficult to change a light bulb.

Just the lens should turn, not the whole fixture.
How many alt.home.repair members does it take to replace a bulb?
All of them. :-)

This may be a job for two people.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

As it turns out it was a job for two people,I caught a couple of
painters working in the apartment next to me and they were able to get
but it did take both of them.One to hold the brass part still while
the other one unscrewed the glass globe.Thanks and if anything I
learned just how many painters it takes to unscrew a light fixture.

Posted to alt.home.repair

willshak wrote:

Just the lens should turn, not the whole fixture.
How many alt.home.repair members does it take to replace a bulb?
All of them. :-)

This may be a job for two people.

Like these two maybe?

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/lightbulb.gif

Jeff (Who couldn't resist....)

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

I'm with you. I hate those stupid things. The box screws go into keyhole
slots on the fixture, so unless it's wicked tight, or the glass is loose,
its pot luck as to what gets unscrewed

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
The light in my bathroom went out but I can't figure out how to remove
the dome to get to the bulbs.I looked up the light fixture and it's
called a Dome Flushmount Light,their are no visible screws so I'm
completely stumped.Here is what the light fixture looks like.
http://images.lowes.com/product/736916/736916193375.jpg
Help please.

Try rotating the glass counter-clockwise. It could be fully threaded, but
am thinking that there are just some slots in the glass and it is rotated
clockwise to lock into place.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Aug 17, 12:36 pm, "kpg*" wrote:

" wrote groups.com:

http://images.lowes.com/product/736916/736916577021.jpg

The entire globe must screw off then.

That's what I thought but when I try to unscrew it,I'll get it about
half way and it starts to make a sound like I'm twisting wires.I
should not be this difficult to change a light bulb.

Just the lens should turn, not the whole fixture.
How many alt.home.repair members does it take to replace a bulb?
All of them. :-)

This may be a job for two people.

Yes, it needs 2 people. One to turn the lens and the other to hold
the house.

Dome homes to complex for me. What else? [email protected] Home Ownership 18 August 7th 06 05:11 PM
2D layout of a Dome Thomas Freedy Metalworking 1 January 20th 06 05:07 PM
Dome bolts Barnsey UK diy 4 October 12th 05 08:56 PM
Ceiling Dome - on the cheap. G Henslee Home Repair 0 July 10th 05 06:00 PM
Where to Get IR 'Dome'? David P UK diy 8 June 15th 05 08:48 AM