Posted to nashville.general,atl.general,alt.california,alt.home.repair,misc.news.internet.discuss
Doc Doc is offline

Default The Pussification of the American Male

On Aug 12, 6:06 pm, "|-|eavy-quar|" who it
should be noted has never made another post under this particular
sockpuppet wrote:

Is it just me or have we become a nation of pussies?

Are you the only pussy? No, but it's far from universal.

And where was
I when this cosmic shift took place?

Probably busy getting advice from your Feng Shui consultant.

When I was a baby we did not have a car seat, ...a bicycle helmet....

Common sense doesn't = pansyhood. Child's body/skull -vs- inertia/
impact - child's body/skull loses. Lots of dead or brain damaged kids
led to the use of protective items.

They also didn't used to have the polio vaccine, once upon a time
doctors didn't wash their hands before bleeding you, you could buy and
sell negroes at the local Slave-Mart®.

I'm guessing you're also not too thrilled about women being allowed to
vote either since your standard is "the way things used to be".

The metrosexual has become
the symbol of American masculinity.

Says who?

Hugh Grant has replaced Cary
Grant as a Hollywood icon of masculinity.

You think Cary Grant was the epitome of machismo? I think I see part
of your problem.

I was at a party
recently and some hag was blathering on about how hot David
Schwimmer is. He's the guy that was on Friends always blubbering
on about his feelings or something. Can you imagine this guy
playing along side of John Wayne in the Sands of Iwo Jima?

John Wayne - now there's a guy renowned for intellectual depth and
tolerance.

Btw, you got it right that John Wayne "played" at being at Iwo Jima,
you certainly wouldn't have found him at the real thing inasmuch as
"The Duke" ducked out of real-life military service.

Btw, here's draft-dodging Marion Morrison looking like he's cruising
Greenwich Village:

http://ladybunny.net/blog/uploaded_i...yne-737765.jpg

I was really struck by this pussification the other day at my
son's t-ball game.

T-Ball? Where the little tykes hit a ball off of a peg insead of
having it pitched? What was that about turning your kid into a wuss?

mother came out of the stands and asked me, the coach, if I had
sun screen and water for the kids. I just sort of looked at her in
a mystified state.

You told her melanoma makes a man out of 'em, right?

I just sort of shrugged it off but later I heard one boy comment
to Mrs. Worrywart's kid, "Why was your mom spraying us with that
stuff. You're mom's stupid." A few other kids chimed in as well
and Mrs. Worrywart's son just sort of sat there in a state of
slumped resignation. It pretty much ended at that but I was just a
little inspired to know that masculinity is still inherent in
boys. Its society and people like Mrs. Worrywart that beat it out
of them.

Yes, of course we should defer to the judgement of 6-year-olds,
especially when they're under the guidance of a mental giant like
yourself.

Btw guy, I use sunscreen religiously and betcha I can kick your ass on
my worst day.

Of course this will be a challenge in this day and age of hand
wringing and anti-anxiety medications. I was called into school
for one of my kids this year. A kid cut in front of him in line
and he corrected the punk. I didn't see the big deal but the
principle did so we took our licks. I still instructed him to
stand up for himself, not be punked by a punk and to choose his
battles wisely.

Okay, so you don't have your head totally up your ass.

Posted to nashville.general,atl.general,alt.california,alt.home.repair,misc.news.internet.discuss
Doc Doc is offline

On Aug 14, 6:01 pm, Beelzebubba wrote:

What's wrong, pussy... see a lot of yourself in HQ's post?

There was about 10" of me in your wife the other day.