Posted to alt.home.repair
cj cj is offline

Default new furnace

greetings, i am planning on installing a new furnace with a/c soon and a
co-worker told me that you can hang a furnace from the floor
joyces(sp?), mounted sideways. (we have flooding issues)..is this true?
are all brands of furnaces capable of being installed this way?
thanks, cj

Posted to alt.home.repair

"cj" wrote in message
greetings, i am planning on installing a new furnace with a/c soon and a
co-worker told me that you can hang a furnace from the floor joyces(sp?),
mounted sideways. (we have flooding issues)..is this true?
are all brands of furnaces capable of being installed this way?
thanks, cj

JOISTS is what they are.

There are air handling units that can be mounted off the floor. Talk to a
good installer for recommendations of what may suit your needs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/26/2007 8:57 AM cj said the following:
greetings, i am planning on installing a new furnace with a/c soon and
a co-worker told me that you can hang a furnace from the floor
joyces(sp?), mounted sideways. (we have flooding issues)..is this true?
are all brands of furnaces capable of being installed this way?
thanks, cj

What kind of issue with flooding? Leaks, ground water, or Katrina type
flooding?
My furnace is mounted on 3" concrete blocks, You can mount it on 8"
concrete blocks if that will keep it dry.
Anything higher and you had better move the furnace to a higher floor.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 8/26/2007 12:24 PM cj said the following:
mostly groundwater

Putting it up on blocks will keep it dry, unless you don't have a sump
pump and you are in the midst of monsoon season.

willshak wrote:
on 8/26/2007 8:57 AM cj said the following:

greetings, i am planning on installing a new furnace with a/c soon
and a co-worker told me that you can hang a furnace from the floor
joyces(sp?), mounted sideways. (we have flooding issues)..is this true?
are all brands of furnaces capable of being installed this way?
thanks, cj

What kind of issue with flooding? Leaks, ground water, or Katrina
type flooding?
My furnace is mounted on 3" concrete blocks, You can mount it on 8"
concrete blocks if that will keep it dry.
Anything higher and you had better move the furnace to a higher floor.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"cj" wrote in message
greetings, i am planning on installing a new furnace with a/c soon
and a co-worker told me that you can hang a furnace from the floor
joyces(sp?), mounted sideways. (we have flooding issues)..is this
true? are all brands of furnaces capable of being installed this way?
thanks, cj

JOISTS is what they are.

There are air handling units that can be mounted off the floor. Talk
to a good installer for recommendations of what may suit your needs.

When you mount a air handler from the joists, you can get rid of vibration
noise and if you use the right hardware it will even be better. Again talk
to your HVAC company.

What I found by mounting it from the joists, you have a better drainage of
the condensate water.

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Old Lennox Furnace - Model GH6 100T (maybe thermostat maybe furnace problem) jack Home Repair 5 November 9th 08 02:22 PM
run my oil forced air furnace once a month in the summer to keep the furnace from rusting clickclack Home Repair 7 July 7th 06 10:55 PM
Thick accordion-type furnace filters - can I retrofit furnace for standard? bryanska Home Ownership 1 August 9th 05 09:24 PM
Replacing gas furnace (was New Gas Furnace Time) [email protected] Home Ownership 0 February 18th 05 09:31 PM
Replacing gas furnace (was New Gas Furnace Time) [email protected] Home Repair 0 February 18th 05 09:31 PM