Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Default Where's the U.S.' Backbone?

On Aug 7, 12:08 pm, AnAmericanCitizen wrote:
Oh that we had a government that stood up for the people and their culture as they're
doing in Australia.

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told in June to
get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head
off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to
Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and
his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.
Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical
clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that
Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are
not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic
state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television.
"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing
people in Australia: one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is
false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy,
and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which
practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.
Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said
those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other
country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who
did not want to accept local values should "clear off". Basically people who don't
want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and
understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.
Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he
supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am
tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual
or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a
surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically
correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism
was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge
against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia." "However,
there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and
apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia
being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and
our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own
society, our own language and our own lifestyle."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and
victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,
Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our
society, learn the language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing,
political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian
principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly
appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you,
then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home,
because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that
you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you
should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy
with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how
you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do
not force it on others.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you
every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining,
whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way
of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian
freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You
asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American citizens will find
the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths!

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 8, 8:38 pm, Terry wrote:
[...]

I strongly suggest that this be copied and sent out to all your
friends along with sending a copy to your congresmen.

It is high time that the persons , who are AMERICANS, rise up and take
control of their country. If the foreigners, want to stay in this
land then let them become AMERICANS, and abide by the AMERICAN rule,
nothing else, or go back where they came from. We don't need their
kind within our borders.