Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plumbing: Water quality / filter problem

I have a under-sink water filter and noticed some floating particulate in my
filtered water.

So I replaced the filter. Same problem. Bought another filter, same
problem.

So I bypassed the filter completely (linking the in and out hoses together)
... and have the same problem: floating particulate.

Since the main tap of my kitchen sink doesn't have these "floaties" .. this
means the particulate is being added to the water from AFTER the filter.

It's pretty simple, a hose leaves the filter, goes to a T intersection
w/shut-off and two hoses go off that, one to the fridge ice maker, one to
the filtered-water-tap on the counter. One of these hoses is the culprit,
adding this crap to my water.

The question is: Which one? Ever hear of hoses (steel braided) adding
crap to the water? Anyone have an idea on which hose to replace? -- And all
of this plumbing is less than 2 years old. We don't have this problem
anywhere else in the house.

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 7, 2:59 pm, "Duncan Tuna" wrote:
[...]

Since the replacement parts are rather modestly priced, why not just
pull everything from the filter out and put in new? Allow me to cast
my vote for something plastic in the tee/shutoff assembly that might
be flaking off bits of crud. HTH

Joe