Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sound proofing I need some advice.

Sound proofing I need some advice.

I would like to sound proof my whole place, but am first I just want
the door and window ajacent to my balconly sound proofed. The sound I
want blocked out is bats or birdys that have made a tree adjacent to
my balacy. I thought of blowing the bitches away with a shot gun or
posioning them, but have no got the know how to do that

Thats in winter and in summer we have some very noisy crickets. I have
Tinitis from an ear infection and I HATE high pitched noise. Would
love to come home and have a nice quiet place

I don't want to spend alot to do the sound proofing, but am willing to
if nessary with doubled glazzed windows and doors ect, but lets try
some cheap sollutions first

I have no idea what materials would be good to block high pitched
sounds, so thats why I am asking here.

I was thinking of adding some heavy curtians and have vertical
rectangular strips in the back of the curtian to block the sound,
thinkness and type of foam I am not sure. I have realy no idea, but
that sounds like it would work, but how well I don't know.

Also adding weather striping around the door and windows would help as
well I suppose.,

I would also concider building some kind of screen around the balcony
to block sound out as well, everything helps

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Obsidion wrote:
[...]

http://www.soundproofing.org/

In general you want to block air exchange. Air caries sound very well.
(Try opening your car's window as a train is going by.)

Next you want weight. Heavy things (drywall lead sheets etc.) block
sound well.

You also want to prevent any direct solid connections. Stagger wall
studs or use special isolation devices to keep the sound from traveling
through the wall (remember the two cans on a string (well wire actuarially
worked) you want to break the wire).

Filling in wall cavities with sound absorbing materials (accustical
fiberglass bats) will do a little.

Point source control (special absorption material) at the source of the
sound will also help.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Obsidion wrote:
[...]

Ear plugs. Fifty cents.

Sound proofing 1st floor blue UK diy 3 July 23rd 07 08:48 PM
sound proofing [email protected] Home Repair 3 April 19th 07 08:09 PM
Sound proofing. Matthew UK diy 14 March 31st 06 12:43 PM
sound proofing Gerald Lamb Home Repair 4 January 1st 05 12:59 AM
Sound proofing wall Ash1 UK diy 9 July 23rd 03 01:32 AM