Whirlpool ice maker leaks

Old July 23rd 07, 03:31 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool ice maker leaks

The ice maker in my Whirlpool refrigerator (ED25PQXFW01) sometimes leaks. It
either forms a small icicle at the front of the unit or forms an iceberg in
the ice tray in the same spot. That is, it doesn't always leak, nor does it
leak at the same rate.

Any ideas?

TIA,

- Don
In preparing for battle, I have found that plans are useless,
but planning is indispensable - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Old July 23rd 07, 03:45 AM posted to alt.home.repair
Jr.

You didn't give us an idea as to how old the unit is.
Ours needs to be replaced every 5-6 years from use and just plain corroding
through.
When ours leaks we just replace it.

Old July 23rd 07, 04:05 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"No Spam" wrote in message
The ice maker in my Whirlpool refrigerator (ED25PQXFW01) sometimes leaks.
It
either forms a small icicle at the front of the unit or forms an iceberg
in
the ice tray in the same spot. That is, it doesn't always leak, nor does
it
leak at the same rate.

Any ideas?

TIA,

- Don
In preparing for battle, I have found that plans are useless,
but planning is indispensable - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sorry - it's nine years old.

- Don
Wisdom begins in wonder. - Socrates

Old July 23rd 07, 02:01 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 21:31:23 -0500, No Spam wrote:

The ice maker in my Whirlpool refrigerator (ED25PQXFW01) sometimes leaks. It
either forms a small icicle at the front of the unit or forms an iceberg in
the ice tray in the same spot. That is, it doesn't always leak, nor does it
leak at the same rate.

Any ideas?

TIA,

- Don
In preparing for battle, I have found that plans are useless,
but planning is indispensable - Dwight D. Eisenhower

You didn't properly describe the problem. Did you mean to say that
your ice trays overfill? If you don't know then do some
investigation/troubleshooting.

Old July 25th 07, 10:51 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"No Spam" wrote in message
The ice maker in my Whirlpool refrigerator (ED25PQXFW01) sometimes leaks.
It
either forms a small icicle at the front of the unit or forms an iceberg
in
the ice tray in the same spot. That is, it doesn't always leak, nor does
it
leak at the same rate.

Any ideas?

TIA,

- Don
In preparing for battle, I have found that plans are useless,
but planning is indispensable - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sorry - it's nine years old.

- Don
Wisdom begins in wonder. - Socrates- Hide quoted text -

Don,

First check the temperature in the freezer. Get a refrigerator
thermometer and leave it in the freezer. Check the therm. once a day,
the temperature should be at or below zero.

If the temperature is ok, then it could either be a bad valve
(icemaker solenoid not closing the valve all the way) or the icemaker
itself (module problem). Since this doesn't happen all the time, I'd
have to say the icemaker is a more likely cause.

Click for breakdown diagrams for your model:
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/pa...odel_id=250664

APP forum admin
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com