Macadam Repairs

Old July 14th 07, 11:59 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Macadam Repairs

Our driveway is 15 yrs old and in pretty good condition except for a few
widening cracks. The worst of these is about 5/8" to 3/4". Since the
gallon jugs of patch are useful only on 1/4" or less - I've had it shrink
and pull away - could I successfully use the driveway patch in caulking
tubes? Does that product perform well in this application?
TIA,
Chuck

Old July 15th 07, 03:41 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"C & E" wrote in message
Our driveway is 15 yrs old and in pretty good condition except for a few
widening cracks. The worst of these is about 5/8" to 3/4". Since the
gallon jugs of patch are useful only on 1/4" or less - I've had it shrink
and pull away - could I successfully use the driveway patch in caulking
tubes? Does that product perform well in this application?
TIA,
Chuck

There are some ohter patch materials, some in bags or bu ckets, that can be
troweled in.

Old July 15th 07, 02:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair

on 7/14/2007 5:59 PM C & E said the following:
Our driveway is 15 yrs old and in pretty good condition except for a few
widening cracks. The worst of these is about 5/8" to 3/4". Since the
gallon jugs of patch are useful only on 1/4" or less - I've had it shrink
and pull away - could I successfully use the driveway patch in caulking
tubes? Does that product perform well in this application?
TIA,
Chuck

Quikrete sells asphalt mix in bags available at the big box and other
building supply stores. I would fill the crack with that first before
using a grout, if needed at all.
http://www.quikrete.com/ProductLines/BlacktopPatch.asp

--

Bill