Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default Should I Use A Dehumidistat In The Summer?

I just moved into a house in Florida this past Spring which has a thermostat
and a separate dehumidistat. The dehumidistat apparently controls the air
conditioner separately from the thermostat. Even if the thermostat is off,
the dehumidistat will kick on the A/C if it is set below the actual humidity
level in the house.

Should I use both of them in conjunction with one another during the summer?
If not, I'm wondering why the dehumidistat was even installed since there is
not a dehumidifier in the house.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

"Dutch Buckhead" wrote in message
reenews.net...
I just moved into a house in Florida this past Spring which has a
thermostat and a separate dehumidistat. The dehumidistat apparently
controls the air conditioner separately from the thermostat. Even if the
thermostat is off, the dehumidistat will kick on the A/C if it is set below
the actual humidity level in the house.

Should I use both of them in conjunction with one another during the
summer? If not, I'm wondering why the dehumidistat was even installed
since there is not a dehumidifier in the house.

Thanks in advance!

yes
The A/C *IS* the dehumidifier

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

"Noon-Air" wrote in message
. ..

"Dutch Buckhead" wrote in message
reenews.net...
I just moved into a house in Florida this past Spring which has a
thermostat and a separate dehumidistat. The dehumidistat apparently
controls the air conditioner separately from the thermostat. Even if the
thermostat is off, the dehumidistat will kick on the A/C if it is set
below the actual humidity level in the house.

Should I use both of them in conjunction with one another during the
summer? If not, I'm wondering why the dehumidistat was even installed
since there is not a dehumidifier in the house.

Thanks in advance!

yes
The A/C *IS* the dehumidifier

Why would I need a separate dehumidistat, though?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

On Jul 12, 11:02 am, "Dutch Buckhead"
wrote:
"Noon-Air" wrote in message

. ..

"Dutch Buckhead" wrote in message
freenews.net...
I just moved into a house in Florida this past Spring which has a
thermostat and a separate dehumidistat. The dehumidistat apparently
controls the air conditioner separately from the thermostat. Even if the
thermostat is off, the dehumidistat will kick on the A/C if it is set
below the actual humidity level in the house.

Should I use both of them in conjunction with one another during the
summer? If not, I'm wondering why the dehumidistat was even installed
since there is not a dehumidifier in the house.

Thanks in advance!

yes
The A/C *IS* the dehumidifier

Why would I need a separate dehumidistat, though?- Hide quoted text -

Some new units have a variable speed DC blower that runs on very low
speed for dehumidification, on low speed it is said to remove twice
the water per hour while cooling little. If you have one of the VSDC
blowers you are lucky as its low speed design is humidity removal.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

"ransley" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 12, 11:02 am, "Dutch Buckhead"
wrote:
"Noon-Air" wrote in message

. ..

[...]

Would be nice to have one of those, but I don't.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:56:19 -0400, "Dutch Buckhead"
wrote:

I just moved into a house in Florida this past Spring which has a thermostat
and a separate dehumidistat. The dehumidistat apparently controls the air

Isn't this really a humidistat? Connected to something that
dehumidifies.

I'm sort of reminded of my grandmother who had diabetes and tried
especially to buy diabetic food, instead of dietetic food like the
doctor recommended.

conditioner separately from the thermostat. Even if the thermostat is off,
the dehumidistat will kick on the A/C if it is set below the actual humidity
level in the house.

Should I use both of them in conjunction with one another during the summer?
If not, I'm wondering why the dehumidistat was even installed since there is
not a dehumidifier in the house.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

All Air conditioners working at a Saturation temperature and pressure
below the Saturation temperature or dewpoint of the low pressure steam
in the air, Dehumidify. However, without Electric, Hot gas or Bypass air
Re-heat, control of temperature and humidity by a Humidistat-Themostat
combination is not possible.
"Dutch Buckhead" wrote in message
reenews.net...
I just moved into a house in Florida this past Spring which has a
thermostat and a separate dehumidistat. The dehumidistat apparently
controls the air conditioner separately from the thermostat. Even if the
thermostat is off, the dehumidistat will kick on the A/C if it is set below
the actual humidity level in the house.

Should I use both of them in conjunction with one another during the
summer? If not, I'm wondering why the dehumidistat was even installed
since there is not a dehumidifier in the house.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Well Dutch
As you have been told that your AC is dehumidifier.
getting control of humidity can be achieved two three different
ways most simplest way is variable circulation fan motor
by reducing speed of motor you are at same time reducing
temperature of your cooling coil, resulting taking much more
of moisture out. Note: motor does not need to be
a variable it could be multi speed which it serve same purpose.
The other ways is by adding preheat coil before the evaporator
or adding electrical heater elements both configuration will do
practically same job. Question remain why?
well since you are in Florida where humidity could be high all
year round that would be easiest way maintaining desirable
humidity range inside any enclosure such as in this case house.
With electrical elements you need to have fat valet
because you would be bucking cooling with heat.
Tony
www.cas-environ.com

"Dutch Buckhead" wrote in message
reenews.net...
I just moved into a house in Florida this past Spring which has a
thermostat and a separate dehumidistat. The dehumidistat apparently
controls the air conditioner separately from the thermostat. Even if the
thermostat is off, the dehumidistat will kick on the A/C if it is set below
the actual humidity level in the house.

Should I use both of them in conjunction with one another during the
summer? If not, I'm wondering why the dehumidistat was even installed
since there is not a dehumidifier in the house.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Telstra wrote:

All Air conditioners working at a Saturation temperature and pressure
below the Saturation temperature or dewpoint of the low pressure steam
in the air, Dehumidify. However, without Electric, Hot gas or Bypass air
Re-heat, control of temperature and humidity by a Humidistat-Themostat
combination is not possible.

No. Simply varying airflow can do it.

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Hi Tony,

I usually understand what you say, but why would he need a fat valet? maybe
he does not have a car to be parked?

A fat wallet has a wad of money, though.

"Tony" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

At low airflow and low ambient temperature the RH would be High and at
low airflow and high ambient temperature the RH would be Low. The
airflow therefore
has to be controlled by a microprocessor with humidity and temperature
sensors.
wrote in message
Telstra wrote:

All Air conditioners working at a Saturation temperature and pressure
below the Saturation temperature or dewpoint of the low pressure steam
in the air, Dehumidify. However, without Electric, Hot gas or Bypass air
Re-heat, control of temperature and humidity by a Humidistat-Themostat
combination is not possible.

No. Simply varying airflow can do it.

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

"DIMwit" wrote in message
Hi Tony,

I usually understand what you say, but why would he need a fat valet?
maybe he does not have a car to be parked?

A fat wallet has a wad of money, though.

With electrical elements you need to have fat valet
because you would be "bucking cooling with heat."

Public service or your power Co. will love you.
Tony

"Tony" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Sometimes the house reaches thermostat set temp while the
humidity is still too high.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

: summer? If not, I'm wondering why the dehumidistat was even
installed
: since there is not a dehumidifier in the house.
:
: Thanks in advance!
:
: yes
: The A/C *IS* the dehumidifier
:
: Why would I need a separate dehumidistat, though?
:
:

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:33:40 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Sometimes the house reaches thermostat set temp while the
humidity is still too high.

Like every one of your half assed hacked in pieces of **** huh stormy.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Now I think you are originally from Switzerland or Germany if you use a V
for a W

I have a wallet in my pocket, not a valet.

We all understand you don't want to heat up a house with heating elements if
your intention is to cool it.

"Tony" wrote in message

"DIMwit" wrote in message
Hi Tony,

I usually understand what you say, but why would he need a fat valet?
maybe he does not have a car to be parked?

A fat wallet has a wad of money, though.

With electrical elements you need to have fat valet
because you would be "bucking cooling with heat."

Public service or your power Co. will love you.
Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

"DIMwit" wrote in message
Now I think you are originally from Switzerland or Germany if you use a V
for a W

I have a wallet in my pocket, not a valet.

I am Sorry

We all understand you don't want to heat up a house with heating elements
if your intention is to cool it.

but if you want confort that is the way it is

"DIMwit" wrote in message
Hi Tony,

I usually understand what you say, but why would he need a fat valet?
maybe he does not have a car to be parked?

A fat wallet has a wad of money, though.

With electrical elements you need to have fat valet
because you would be "bucking cooling with heat."

Public service or your power Co. will love you.
Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

"Tony" wrote in message news:dkLli.1$I76.0@trnddc05...

"DIMwit" wrote in message

I am Sorry

NO....

YOu are Tony.

We all understand you don't want to heat up a house with heating

elements
if your intention is to cool it.

but if you want confort that is the way it is

Wow....

Getting organized for the summer isabella Home Repair 1 June 16th 07 12:39 AM
Summer Golan UK diy 3 April 26th 07 11:16 AM
Summer Golan UK diy 17 April 26th 07 02:02 AM
summer fan [email protected] Home Repair 6 July 24th 06 12:42 AM
hot house in summer malcolm Home Repair 22 June 18th 04 11:15 PM