How to get a grease stain out of patio brick?

Old July 8th 07, 07:48 PM posted to alt.home.repair
dpb

Default How to get a grease stain out of patio brick?

wrote:
Hello, I was hoping that someone can recommend what remedy to try to
get a grease stains out of the patio bricks. Our grill leaked and we
have large grease stains on the patio. The patio is made out of some
sort of stone (looks like bricks to me). I tried Goo Gone but that did
not work. Any suggestions?

TSP is the "standard" -- available any hardware/paint/box store.

If there's a lot on the surface yet, the kitty litter to absorb what is
there is good first. Wouldn't go buy it just for the purpose, but if
happen to have some, dry concrete/cement/mortar works well as an
absorbent as well.

I probably shouldn't say it, but another "trick" which can work fairly
well to get rid of a fair amount is a match. That assumes, of course,
it's not right against a wood-sided house or other low overhang...and
you keep/have a hose handy.

Old July 9th 07, 01:11 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 16:03:02 -0500, Al Bundy
wrote:

Along with other things suggested: is Greased Lightning.

Driveway oil stains I've always been able to remove with cat litter. Pour
on. Let it st a couple of days. Remove and pour on some more. Grind in hard
with foot. Lot it sit. Maybe another round if you want.

Then there's Greased Lightning. Have seen that do good on a lot of hopeless
stuff.

Follow this method above ... I buy a gallon of concentrate Greased
Lightening and dilute as needed. IIRC a product called "purple stuff"
is now Greased Lightening((??).

Just the other day, while working around the pool I spilled some
muriatic acid on a paver (landscape type). right away I washed it off
( and my light ankle splatter ). It looked better than new; regarding.
a clean look.

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..