Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bath Fitters

Hello,

Has anyone ever used Bath Fitters or a similar company (home depot does it
to). We only have one bathroom and repping out the tub and tile would cause
some problems so I'm thinking of Bath Fitters. Im just not sure about
covering a porcelain tub and ceramic tile with plastic.

any comments please.......

thanks

BM

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

They are very fast, not cheap, and you wind up with a clean looking plastic
tub and surround. IMHO, if you only have one bathroom, I'd want it to be
tile with a cast iron tub

wrote in message
Hello,

Has anyone ever used Bath Fitters or a similar company (home depot does it
to). We only have one bathroom and repping out the tub and tile would
cause
some problems so I'm thinking of Bath Fitters. Im just not sure about
covering a porcelain tub and ceramic tile with plastic.

any comments please.......

thanks

BM

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 2, 7:46 pm, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
They are very fast, not cheap, and you wind up with a clean looking plastic
tub and surround. IMHO, if you only have one bathroom, I'd want it to be
tile with a cast iron tub

Why? I'd dearly love to rip out my tile and replace it with something
with
radically fewer seams. (I'd also like to get rid of my tub and have
just a
shower, but I realize I'm a little odd there.)

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rather than Bath Fitters (which puts a "tub liner" around your tub), I
went with a company that did the epoxy re-coating of the tub. It came
out amazing, in any color we wanted (we chose boring white), and took
one day to work as this was our only full bathroom.

The total cost for a 5' high tub/shower surround was about $400.

--
--------------------http://NewsReader.Com/--------------------
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 2, 7:46 pm, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
They are very fast, not cheap, and you wind up with a clean looking
plastic
tub and surround. IMHO, if you only have one bathroom, I'd want it to be
tile with a cast iron tub

Why? I'd dearly love to rip out my tile and replace it with something
with
radically fewer seams. (I'd also like to get rid of my tub and have
just a
shower, but I realize I'm a little odd there.)

Cindy Hamilton

I'm with you, Cindy. My upstairs bathroom has a bathtub (no shower) and we
call that the half bath. The downstairs has a fiberglass stall shower and
wall paper instead of tile, so it's very easy to maintain and clean.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:00:31 -0700, Andrew Duane
wrote:

Rather than Bath Fitters (which puts a "tub liner" around your tub), I

That's one reason I haven't hired them. I can't afford to lose even a
half inch since my tub is already shorter than I want.

went with a company that did the epoxy re-coating of the tub. It came
out amazing, in any color we wanted (we chose boring white), and took
one day to work as this was our only full bathroom.

The total cost for a 5' high tub/shower surround was about $400.

How long have you had this?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Fundamentally, I agree with you. I haven't taken a bath since I was a kid,
but with only one bathroom, I think for resale, you're almost obligated to
at least install a tub. While plastic tubs and surrounds clean up easily ,
they do have that "motel" look

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 2, 7:46 pm, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
They are very fast, not cheap, and you wind up with a clean looking
plastic
tub and surround. IMHO, if you only have one bathroom, I'd want it to be
tile with a cast iron tub

Why? I'd dearly love to rip out my tile and replace it with something
with
radically fewer seams. (I'd also like to get rid of my tub and have
just a
shower, but I realize I'm a little odd there.)

Cindy Hamilton

Wiggle room on Bath Fitters? dgk Home Repair 0 March 1st 07 01:17 PM
We're looking for kitchen fitters [email protected] UK diy 3 February 10th 07 09:04 PM
Bath Fitters comments? dgk Home Repair 7 August 4th 06 03:21 PM
Bathroom Fitters [email protected] UK diy 5 July 21st 06 07:42 PM
OT? Door fitters soup UK diy 2 November 23rd 05 08:35 AM