Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HELP** best CaulkFor painting windows

I am painting my exterior wood windows. Before I paint I need to re caulk
the seams around the trim and between the sill and the sill nose. What is
the best type of caulk for this application. Should I seal before I paint or
should I seal after the primer coat and before the final coat. Any
recommendations welcome. Thanks!!

John

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John W" wrote in message
I am painting my exterior wood windows. Before I paint I need to re caulk
the seams around the trim and between the sill and the sill nose. What is
the best type of caulk for this application. Should I seal before I paint
or should I seal after the primer coat and before the final coat. Any
recommendations welcome. Thanks!!

John

A high quality latex with silicone caulk will do the job. At Lowes it is
called trim and window caulk. 35 years or so the label claims. I won't be
around to verify whether it lasted that long or not..

I usually caulk after I prime because it is easier to see. Your responses
on this one will be about 50/50.

Colbyt

Painting Windows KR Home Repair 5 February 9th 06 01:44 AM
Painting or Spray painting dried wild flowers michaelangelo7 UK diy 1 December 31st 05 07:05 PM
Vinyl Windows - Painting Window Trim [email protected] Home Repair 5 November 30th 05 03:48 PM
Are Storm Windows a reasonable approach for newish vinyl windows? patrick conroy Home Repair 6 October 31st 05 12:11 AM
World's Best Natural Sea Sponges Available From Tarpon Springs, FL Faux Painting, Sponge Painting, Home Decor tarponspongecompany Home Repair 0 June 8th 04 04:43 AM