Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reccomendations for a Pool Sweep?

due to an unfortunate, er um, misplacement of my pool sweep. we are now in
need of a new one. We had a Polaris unit with the 3 wheels and debris bag on
top. It was an okay unit, though looking to see what others like.

Thanks,
Scott-

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Scott Townsend" wrote in message
. net...
due to an unfortunate, er um, misplacement of my pool sweep. we are now in
need of a new one. We had a Polaris unit with the 3 wheels and debris bag
on top. It was an okay unit, though looking to see what others like.

I'm a big Polaris fan. I've had other brands but they always need repair
more frequently than the Polaris models.

My all time favorite was the -180. I now have a -360 (no booster pump) and
it works fine; it is six years old, runs an average of 5 hours a day, 365
days a year with almost no maintenance other than an occasional hose swivel,
and of course tail scrubbers and bags. I did have a belt fail so I
replaced the belts, tires, and one bearing this week. It still has the
original reversing valve. I don't think you can beat this for reliability.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:17:10 -0700, "Scott Townsend"
wrote:

due to an unfortunate, er um, misplacement of my pool sweep. we are now in
need of a new one. We had a Polaris unit with the 3 wheels and debris bag on
top. It was an okay unit, though looking to see what others like.

Thanks,
Scott-

I have a Hayward unit. Not same as this photo, but a similar one.

rated: 3 out of 5, on 39 reviews.

The link may be to long...

http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Pool_an...splay_~reviews
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Pool_an...ent-Cleaning_S...
--
Oren

I also have a Hayward pool vacuum that looks pretty much like the one
in the picture. We got it in 2005. It has worked just fine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Scott Townsend writes:

... looking to see what others like.

You can't do better than the Polaris with booster pump. I have an old 180
that requires parts now and then, but just runs and runs. It's helped me
through three hurricanes, which is the worst pool mess you can imagine:

http://www.truetex.com/wilma/udsc06355.jpg
http://www.truetex.com/dsc00454a.jpg

Be careful to run it on a timer with minimal duty cycles, because they are
power hogs. I metered mine at close to 2 KW in addition to the circulation
pump, even though it claims to be a 3/4 HP pump. That adds up fast if you
run it more than an hour or so per day:

http://www.truetex.com/poolcontrol.htm#pumps