Posted to alt.home.repair

Default fluorescent bar light in kitchen

"ap" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello all,
Our 2 fluorescent bar lights in the kitchen burned out after 4 years
so I replaced them w/ new bar lights.

I must not have replaced them correctly as we see it takes
a bit longer for them to light up and several days ago, it would
light up dimly occasionally. Since then, I took them out
and put them back on, and now, they light up although it takes
longer than the original bar lights.

The question is: These bar lights have 2 prongs at both ends.
I slide them into the fixture, but how do I know it's locked in
correctly?

You push them up into the sockets with the 2 prongs vertical and then rotate
them 90 degrees (at that point you might feel that the prongs have nestled
properly into the sockets ... or rotate them back and forth a bit to get the
sense/feel of good seating in the sockets).