Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is it best to let the water pump run continuously or cool down?

I want to fill my 5500 gal. swimming pool with water from my well. One person
told me it was best to let the pump run continuously rather than off and on
to let it cool down after periods of time. This will probably take me a full
day or more to fill.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

jpark wrote:
I want to fill my 5500 gal. swimming pool with water from my well. One person
told me it was best to let the pump run continuously rather than off and on
to let it cool down after periods of time. This will probably take me a full
day or more to fill.

Will your well stand being pumped that hard would be a much bigger
concern to me...

Posted to alt.home.repair

As long as your well recovery is up to the job, continuous is best.
The pump is cooled by the water and won't heat up as long as there's
water. Are you sure it won't run dry?

That said, it's unlikely that you can get enough water from a normal
hose bib to keep the pump running 100%.

-rev

On Jun 20, 12:25 pm, "jpark" u35212@uwe wrote:
I want to fill my 5500 gal. swimming pool with water from my well. One person
told me it was best to let the pump run continuously rather than off and on
to let it cool down after periods of time. This will probably take me a full
day or more to fill.

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

Agree with this question.........
If your well runs dry, you might then have some real

CH pump runs continuously, but ... Al UK diy 12 January 20th 06 07:16 PM
Several things wrong with new flat - no central heating, low hot water pressure even with water pump, noisey pump kiich UK diy 69 July 13th 05 07:36 PM
cool water from combi arl53sc1 UK diy 1 March 3rd 05 08:32 PM
sump pump running continuously [email protected] Home Ownership 1 February 21st 05 05:02 PM
Using pool water to cool A/C Pumbaa Home Repair 24 September 8th 04 02:37 PM