Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing overspray from colored extruded metal gutters

HI I am remodeling my entire house. The guy didn't mask off anything
and now there is overspray on my gutters. I was told that there is
some kind of *adhesive* (?) that removes the overspray without harming
the baked on gutter paint. Does anyone know what I should use?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 1, 1:59 pm, gaopaat wrote:
HI I am remodeling my entire house. The guy didn't mask off anything
and now there is overspray on my gutters. I was told that there is
some kind of *adhesive* (?) that removes the overspray without harming
the baked on gutter paint. Does anyone know what I should use?

Thanks

Goof Off (but it's basically xylene which can be had much cheaper by
the gallon at HD)

Will remove water base from other surfaces but check how it works (&
dries) before going crazy.

Sooner is better than later in removing new paint drips, drops & over
spray.

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

gaopaat wrote:
HI I am remodeling my entire house. The guy didn't mask off anything
and now there is overspray on my gutters. I was told that there is
some kind of *adhesive* (?) that removes the overspray without harming
the baked on gutter paint. Does anyone know what I should use?

Thanks

A tough lawyer? G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 1, 3:59 pm, gaopaat wrote:
HI I am remodeling my entire house. The guy didn't mask off anything
and now there is overspray on my gutters. I was told that there is
some kind of *adhesive* (?) that removes the overspray without harming
the baked on gutter paint. Does anyone know what I should use?

Thanks

If its latex paint, common rubbing alcohol will dissolve it.

Lewis.

*****

extruded aluminum project.... what to expect. [email protected] Metalworking 3 April 14th 06 10:02 AM
Removing Metal Strip in Door Cill andy UK diy 3 April 13th 06 07:26 PM
Removing latex paint from a metal kitchen sink [email protected] Home Repair 4 December 24th 05 11:28 AM
Extruded Aluminum John Metalworking 6 May 17th 05 02:43 AM
removing paint overspray from garage floor? Hamilton Audio Home Repair 7 February 20th 05 09:57 PM